Budget data not displaying in Management Reporter

Question Status

Suggested Answer
Steven Hammond asked a question on 12 Jun 2013 3:14 PM

I am attempting to add budget data from GP into a budget column but when I run the report, I only get a handful of the actual budget values.   I get some rows with correct values and other rows are blank.   I've tried recreating and started a whole new row and column setup and I still get the same think.   Some values display, other don't.

Anyone else seen this?

Suggested Answer
SueC responded on 2 Aug 2013 1:08 PM

Did you go into Great Plains and run Checklinks>>Financial>>Budget Master.  This resolved the issue for me in the past

csevers responded on 6 Aug 2013 2:57 PM

Hey Steven,

Are you using the Legacy provider or the data mart?  If using the legacy provider the data pulls directly from the GL00201 table on your GP company database.  Many times the data will not pull if the YEAR1 column is not filled out.

If using the data mart the data would be in the Fact table with a scenarioid that would relate to the scenario table.  The scenario table should show your budget id from GP.

If you don't see the data in those two tables then it won't pull in MR.  If data is missing for the GL00201 table, like the YEAR1 value, the data mart may not load properly.

Thanks,

DFC Consultants

SOS responded on 24 Apr 2014 8:13 AM

@SUSAN CONROD: Where is Checklinks? Is that in the Data Mart or in GP. I don't have the DM I believe.

Frank Hamelly responded on 24 Apr 2014 8:17 AM

SOS, Check Links is in GP under Microsoft Dynamics GP>>Maintenance>>Check Links.  Run Check Links on the Budget Master in the Financial series.

SOS responded on 25 Apr 2014 12:14 PM

Thank you Frank and Susan.

TamiCampbell responded on 2 May 2014 12:01 PM

I'm having this same problem. I see the records in GL00201 and have ran Check Links on Budget Master but still have two accounts that will not display budget or expense. Any thoughts?

Tami

csevers responded on 2 May 2014 12:15 PM

Hey Tami,

Have you checked the GL00201 to make sure the YEAR1 column is filled out?  So you don't even get balances from the GL Transactions on the account either?  If that's the case then the issue wouldn't just be budget related.

Are you using the Data Mart integration or the Legacy provider?

Mr.Jahangir responded on 22 Sep 2014 3:01 AM

I posted 2 Budget one is in USD and 2nd is in SAR, in management reporter the Budget posted in USD working fine keeping Currency display and Currency filter blank, but when I select budget entry posted in SAR no data visible in management reporter I tested each and every currency options in Currency display and Currency filter, but no benefit. Please help me to fix it.

Thank you very much.

Suggested Answer
Béat Bucher responded on 22 Sep 2014 8:23 AM

HI,

When you say you posted 2 budgets in USD and SAR... was that in the same company ? or 2 different companies ?

If you want MR pickup your budgets in a consolidated report from different companies, your budget ID must be identical in both companies...

Now if you're only missing 2 accoutns in SAR currency, maybe it's because they're missing from the raw definition in MR 2012 ? have you tried to run the 'missing account' wizard in MR ?

paul77 responded on 17 Apr 2015 4:48 AM

I am having this problem and its infuriating.

The column definition is correct and i can select PLAN15 our budget for the year. This budget is in GP and enquiries can be made against it. It is in is GL00201.

however when i generate the report i only get the budget for one account. All other lines return 0. There are no restrictions in the column definition.

Oh and we dont use data mart

Any ideas

Suggested Answer
BABU BASKARAN responded on 22 Apr 2015 12:05 AM

Hi Paul,

did you rebuild MR console and tried.

Suggested Answer
SueC responded on 2 Aug 2013 1:08 PM

Did you go into Great Plains and run Checklinks>>Financial>>Budget Master.  This resolved the issue for me in the past

Suggested Answer
Béat Bucher responded on 22 Sep 2014 8:23 AM

HI,

When you say you posted 2 budgets in USD and SAR... was that in the same company ? or 2 different companies ?

If you want MR pickup your budgets in a consolidated report from different companies, your budget ID must be identical in both companies...

Now if you're only missing 2 accoutns in SAR currency, maybe it's because they're missing from the raw definition in MR 2012 ? have you tried to run the 'missing account' wizard in MR ?

Suggested Answer
BABU BASKARAN responded on 22 Apr 2015 12:05 AM

Hi Paul,

did you rebuild MR console and tried.