Smartlist Error - Explorer_Get_DDL_Type not found

Question Status

Verified
Bill Campbell asked a question on 27 Jan 2014 1:31 PM

When opening Smartlist we encounter no issues, I have run GRANT.sql on all company databases as well as DYNAMICS.mdb

When I open Smartlist >> Project Accounting >> PA Contracts and select the default list - the data is cleanly presented.  When I then click the Search button on the bottom of the screen and enter 1 or more Search Definitions, and click on OK - I get the following:

Unhandled script exception:

Script 'Explorer_Get_DDL_Type' not found

Exception_CLASS_SCRIPT_MISSING

When I test this on Smartlist >> Project Acounting >> Pa Billing Open Transactions - click on Default, add a search definition, I get the new filtered data - no error.

So I am thinking it is something specific with the PA Contracts tables that are accessed in the PA Contracts Smartlist window.

I looked at Dynamics..ASIEXP81 and Dynamics..ASIEXP86 and did not find anything that made me go - got it - so I am reaching out to you my partners to see what we can figure out for this client.

In the mean time, I have to tell the client to 'not filter your 100,000 records to find what you need, all the while he is laughing out loud and smiling - not so warmly at me.  

Help.

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi responded on 27 Jan 2014 2:14 PM

Would this happen with the "sa" account ?

Verified Answer
Bill Campbell responded on 27 Jan 2014 2:18 PM

Yes, it happens to ALL users - on ALL workstations

What I have done so far is to remove any of the records that contain some form of Search Criteria.  Once those are removed then the system seems to work.

I only looked at Dictionary 258 = Project Accounting = when the lines were removed from the ASIEXP81 table then the query for the rest of the table defaults seems to work correctly.

Thanks for your time (so far on this matter)

Almas Mahfooz responded on 27 Jan 2014 11:54 PM

Most important question is what are your filters?

If you know SQL just query the view select * from PABillingOpenTrx where [here goes your filters].

check if you got results or not?

If you got desired results then means issue is with the Smartlist dictionary.

Almas Mahfooz responded on 28 Jan 2014 1:37 AM

Also wants to mention here the meaning of exception:EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_MISSING

it means a referenced item is missing from the dictionary.

Judith Carson responded on 28 Jan 2014 9:41 PM

Hi, I am currently experiencing this with the Smartlists>>Project Accounting>>PA Projects .

I have a modified smartlist in project accounting>>pa projects and is throwing the same error message when I try to 'run' it.  The root smartlist runs but not my modified version. We have only recently upgraded from Dynamics GP 10.0 to Dynamics GP 2013.

Also need urgent assistance with this problem.

Judi Carson

Almas Mahfooz responded on 29 Jan 2014 12:18 AM

and what's your modifications?

Bill Campbell responded on 29 Jan 2014 8:59 AM

I don't think she means a MODIFICATION in that sense - but when you click on the SEARCH option button and enter any type of filter on the data set.

When I look at the DEFAULT ( * ) Smartlist option for PA Contracts I have no errors.  As soon as we select to restrict that list to a Date, Contract ID, Business Manager or Status we encounter the error.

Judith Carson responded on 29 Jan 2014 2:32 PM

Thank you Bill you are correct.  I have taken a SmartList and removed 90% of the columns and applied search filters as I only need projects whose status is not  'Closed'.  I recreated the Smartlist with all the column deletions, saved it as a Favourite,  and it works, but as soon as a search filter is applied this error occurs.

These 'modified' smartlists appear to work in all other areas but not in Project Accounting.

I am lucky in that I am working with a new company and it wasn't a huge issue in dumping to excel and deleting unwanted records that way.

But it does appear to be a bug specific to the Project Accounting Smartlists.

Judi Carson

Bill Campbell responded on 29 Jan 2014 3:15 PM

Judi, I have been beating this up for the past few hours and have learned that the error only happens when one of the search options contains PA Status.

I tried Customer Name, Customer Number and Dates and various PA Document numbers - all of them work.

This only happens within PA Contracts and even more specific PA Status within PA Contracts

So, now for those that know the missing table or scripts, what should I look for?

I am planning to 'dump the PA Smartlist' items and then re-install them to night after there is a clear backup of the system and will update the forum when I get that completed.

Almas Mahfooz responded on 29 Jan 2014 9:42 PM

:)

and that's why I asked about your filters, as the error you quoted is related to DDL fields, like PA Status,Accounting Method , Project Type etc.

As Judi mentioned they upgraded from 10 to 2013, did you also upgraded?

It's not a table you can re-create. the error is related to missing script.

Script 'Explorer_Get_DDL_Type' not found

which is a Smart list dictionary script.

Do you have any customization on PA dictionary or smartlist dictionary?

Judith Carson responded on 29 Jan 2014 10:41 PM

Hi Almas

I have modified reports (billing forms) so I do have a modified PA258.dic. All modified .DIC files are kept on the server and each set file is pointed to that location.

I have records in the ASIEXP81 and ASIEXP86 tables but have not checked them for specific modifications to the Project Accounting Smartlists.

Am I to understand that EXP1493R.dic (or maybe EXP1493F.dic) would have been modified when creating SmartLists based on an original?

If this is the case then the set file was still pointing to the .DIC file on individual machines and not to the server.  Only the server dictionaries would have been upgraded and not the individual machine's.

Can you please advise if my uneducated assumptions are on the right path.  If so, could it be a matter of simply upgrading the v10  EXP1493.dic file from my machine and placing it on the server and pointing it in that direction.  I have found an EXP1493.dic file (not the EXP1493R or EXP1493F as listed in the Dynamics.set file) which has a modified date of 11 July 2013.

As an afterthought, we do not have SmartList Builder.

Regards

Judi

Almas Mahfooz responded on 29 Jan 2014 11:19 PM

As you mentioned you have modified reports of PA, so it's not the PA258.dic which is actually modified but the reports dictionary PAREPT.DIC.

ASIEXP81 and ASIEXP86 are smartlist tables.

As you said " Only the server dictionaries would have been upgraded and not the individual machine's.", it's the issue you need to upgrade your terminal machines too.

Also you don't have to upgrade Smartlist separately, when upgrade runs, it will be upgraded itself.

Bill Campbell responded on 30 Jan 2014 7:23 AM

Judi, can you tell me what Smartlist object you are looking at?

In our case we are looking at PA Contracts.  When we click on the Default and enter NO search criteria on the bottom, we get no error.

When we add a Customer Number search on the same object we get no error.

When we select PA Status as the search - with nothing else selected - we get the error.  As soon as we remove PA Status from the search - all is well with Smartlist.

We have no modified Smartlist Forms or Reports.  Having modified reports in PA is a stretch, as I can make this happen with or with out pionting to the modified PA Dictionary.  I can make this happen as ANY user, from SA to the lowest level viewer of PA data.

Almas, what Script is missing and how would I replace that script?  How is that one script specific to PA Status and not to other fields (just trying to learn).  Is there a way to replace just that script, or would I be better to remove the PA Smartlist Objects and re-create the PA Smartlist Objects?

Judith Carson responded on 30 Jan 2014 2:45 PM

Hi Bill I am looking at Smartlists>>Project Accounting>>PA Projects (not contracts as you are) .  As in my earlier posts this does seem to be Project Accounting specific in SmartLIsts.  Using the status field in a search criteria in any other smartlist (sales or purchasing) does not create an error.  

Obviously we upgraded the program on both the server and the client computers.  We did not encounter any issues while upgrading. We don't use the .dic files on the local computers to access the modified forms.  We point each client dynamics.set file to the server .dic files.  In this way I don't have to remember to deploy a new .dic file to each of the clients every time I make a change to a form.

However I am not modifying forms or reports.  I am only applying search criteria to a smartlist and part of that search criteria needs to include Project Status and Project Status is the ONLY search criteria that is causing this smartlist error as it is in Bill's specific problem.

In my specific instance I do have both GP 10.0 and GP 2013 installed on my machine (a  client) because I still need to access companies which we chose not to upgrade. The server has GP 10.0 in a different SQL instance than GP 2013.  This favourite was created in GP 10.0 and therefore was part of the upgrade process.

This seems to be an upgrade issue if scripts are missing.  Almas, I also ask the same question as Bill, .." what Script is missing and how would I replace that script?"...

Regards

Judi

Almas Mahfooz responded on 31 Jan 2014 3:08 AM

Bill you didn't mentioned at what version of GP you are, GP10,2010 or 2013 and And is it upgraded?

You can not replace/update dexterity scripts.

I think we can check by recreating PA Smart-list objects, do try it.

Verified Answer
Bill Campbell responded on 27 Jan 2014 2:18 PM

Yes, it happens to ALL users - on ALL workstations

What I have done so far is to remove any of the records that contain some form of Search Criteria.  Once those are removed then the system seems to work.

I only looked at Dictionary 258 = Project Accounting = when the lines were removed from the ASIEXP81 table then the query for the rest of the table defaults seems to work correctly.

Thanks for your time (so far on this matter)

Suggested Answer
Gary Letter responded on 8 Apr 2015 9:08 AM

The following worked for our customer who had just upgraded to GP 2013 R2. They were seeing this error with all the SmartLists under PA Projects.

1. Select the Smartlist folder PA Projects
2. Click the Modify button. This customer has Smartlist Builder, so the SLB window opens.
3. Give it a new SmartList Name and a new Item Name.
4. Click Save.

Even when I change the names back to the original names, the lists appear to run properly with no error message. You may have to re-save individual SmartLists if you are not getting the results you expect; enter the search criteria again and click Modify.

Thanks,
GCL