Security error on Inventory Inquiry > View Price List

This question is answered

I have given users access to all INQ_INV tasks (001 to 008).  INQ_INV_008* is View Item Price List under Inventory Inquiry.  However, when a user tries to access the price list menu item from Inventory Inquiry, a message displays indicating they don't have the security rights to do this.  What am I missing?

Verified Answer
  • Naga,

"The inquiry window should open without throwing the access error". This is correct. 

But, If you access the price list menu item from Inventory Inquiry, it will not open "Item Price List Inquiry" window. It will only open "Item Price List Maintenance" window. This is the reason for system  through the security permission error.

Best Regards,

Somakarpagamoorthy K | MS Dynamics GP - Developer

All Replies
  • Security Task Setup (Tools >> Setup>>System >> Security Tasks),

1. Select INQ_INV_008* as Security Task ID.

2. Select Product dropdown  to 'Micorsoft Dynamcs GP'

3. Select Type to 'Windows'

4. Select Series to Inventory

5. Mark 'Item Price List Maintenance ' under Access list.

My personal thought - it is a bug as it should open 'Item Pricelist Inquiry' for INQ_INV_008*  if there is no access to 'Item Price List Maintenance' and it seems the current functionality check for access only for 'Item Price List Maintenance' and skips check for access to the inquiry window.

Hope this helps.

Naga M. Siva Kiran, SE-III, email:mnskiran@outlook.com

• Naga,

This is the correct functionality for inquiry role. Because if you give access to the window 'Item Price List Maintenance', user can directly access this window with the permission of delete and modify. This is not advisable.

Wendimah,

If you access the price list menu item from Inventory Inquiry, it will not open "Item Price List Inquiry" window. It will open "Item Price List Maintenance" window. This is the reason for system  through the security permission error.

Item Price List Inquiry window only available from menu Inquiry-->Inventory-->Price List.

This is not a bug in GP.

Hope this helps!!!

Best Regards,

• Soma,

Yes I agree with not opening "Item Price List Maintenance" as its not advisable. I have suggested to avoid access privilege error the user is getting.

But my point here is 'INQ_INV_008*' has "Item Price List Inquiry" window marked by default.So as a standard functionality in GP, if a user doesn't have access to a non-inquiry window (and access is given for inquiry window) , the inquiry window should open without throwing the access error. I feel that is a bug.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Naga M. Siva Kiran, SE-III, email:mnskiran@outlook.com

• Naga,

"The inquiry window should open without throwing the access error". This is correct. 

But, If you access the price list menu item from Inventory Inquiry, it will not open "Item Price List Inquiry" window. It will only open "Item Price List Maintenance" window. This is the reason for system  through the security permission error.

Best Regards,

• Thanks - sure seems like a bug, but the workaround is appreciated.