String and Number Concatenation in Smartbuilder

This question is answered

I need to concatenate the currency symbol from currency setup into the Original Current Transaction Amount using Calculated fields.  Is this possible?

Verified Answer
  • Thanks JDX.  That actually worked!  Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

All Replies
  • If you have Currency ID or Currency Index field in your SmartlistBuilder list, you can join the SLBuilder list table to Currency Setup table (it will be under System series) based on Currency ID or Currency Index. Later you can create a calculated field of String type with expression similar to:

{Currency Setup:Currency Symbol} +{CM Transaction:Originating Amount}

Hope this helps.

Naga M. Siva Kiran, SE-III, email:mnskiran@outlook.com

• Thanks Naga!  I actually tried that but when I try to add the column to the smartlist, no results.  When I remove it, I get results.   Any ideas?

• Are you doing the join on currency index?

Richard L. Whaley Author, Publisher, Consultant

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

Enhancing your Dynamics Knowledge!

• I was doing the join using the Currency ID and changed it to Currency Index (tired equal and left outer join).  Same results.  By the way I am joining it to the Multicurrency Payables Transactions.

{Currency Setup:Currency Symbol} + {Multicurrency Payables Transactions:Originating Current Trx Amount}

• Do you want your calculated field to be a String? If so, you get no results because the Originating Current Trx Amount is numeric and you're trying to put it into a String field type in the calculation.  Try joining on the Currency Id and then change your calculation to: {Currency Setup:Currency Symbol} +  CAST ({Multicurrency Payables Transactions:Originating Current Trx Amount} AS varchar)

• Thanks JDX.  That actually worked!  Thanks for sharing your knowledge!