Try Microsoft Edge
A fast and secure browser that's designed for Windows 10
This thread is to share my experience on last week we arranged an campaign with few customers and partners on GP2010/GP2013 Performance based issues.
We got most of the feedback's from the customers and partners regarding this performance kind of issues in general.
Eventhough they are well equiped with good number of system resources.
I have suggested the following things in the campaign:-
1. Run the Maintenance plans in SQL server regularly which includes the following tasks:-
a.) Database Integrity check
b.) Close Inactive Sessions
c.) History cleanup
d.) Notify operator about the task success/failure
e.) Update Statistics
f.) Execute T-sql statement to check pending jobs
g.) Backup databases
h.) Analyze database growth percentage
i.) SQL server memory utilization
j.) Evaluate SQL Server Disk Activity
k.) Track the database page performances
l.) Shrinking database log file alone not the data file.
m.) Performing Index defragmentation, Missing Indexes and Unused indexes
n.) Rebuild/Reorganize Index
o.) Configuring SQL database auto growth and auto shrink
2. Setting SQL Max Degree parallelism with proper values
3. Disable the hyper threading in the BIOS settings
4. DB load balancing and clustering
5. Processing the GP application automatic shutdown, when it’s idle for some* minutes
6. Tracking the GP server memory utilization
7. Disabling Script debugger and DexSQL action in production server
8.Update the GP Application version regularly
9. Checking the counter performances
10. Regular maintenance on Disk Defragmentation and Disk Cleanup activities
11. Setting of threshold for disk usage, Memory usage and trigger alerts
12. Clearing the old registry,dump memories and monitoring the event viewer for errors and warnings regularly
Apart from the above fine tuning is there anything else added up to this, please kindly walkthrough from here so that all the painfull customers and partners will get a benefits and big relief from the performance issue.By this we can improve the GP brand name as well.
Regarding the Performance Optimization experts can lead a major role to this thread.
Any timely help will be really appreciated.
This is really very good information you have provided and thanks for sharing the same.
The above information are really useful and informative.
Please find the attached link covers about optimizing & maintenance performance for MS GP 2010
Please set the below settings as well to improve the performance.
In the Performance Option keep Adjust for best performance
In Processor Scheduling select the Background services
To clear the application temp and cache files periodically
Regularly run the windows update and framework updates
Thanks for sharing the link , could you please share the link for GP 2013 version as well.
Please check the below blog helps me alot to improve my GP performance :-