GP 2013 how to create a custom role for report server access

GP 2013 how to create a custom role for report server access

This question is answered

Hi ,

In the report server how to create a custom role like the base roles (Browser, Content Manager, My Reports, Publisher, Report Builder)

//rudra

Verified Answer
  • You can create a custom role.  There is an article here that you might want to look at that goes into create a role for ERD.  And from that you can take some information on any other roles you might want to create within the Report Server:  www.selectsifiso.net  

The article is by Sifiso W. Ndlovu who is certified in SQL 2008 and SQL 2012 but might answer a whole lot of your questions and it helped me out when setting up for SSRS.

All Replies
  • is this is possible to create a custom roles for a site settings too?  eg:- System Administrator and System User role

//rudra

• You can create a custom role.  There is an article here that you might want to look at that goes into create a role for ERD.  And from that you can take some information on any other roles you might want to create within the Report Server:  www.selectsifiso.net  

The article is by Sifiso W. Ndlovu who is certified in SQL 2008 and SQL 2012 but might answer a whole lot of your questions and it helped me out when setting up for SSRS.