Question Status

Verified
Rudhra Kumar asked a question on 10 Apr 2014 12:18 AM

Hi ,

In the report server how to create a custom role like the base roles (Browser, Content Manager, My Reports, Publisher, Report Builder)

Rudra |  DYNAMICS Administrator | MCPS | MCTS | My Blog 

Rudhra Kumar responded on 10 Apr 2014 12:20 AM

is this is possible to create a custom roles for a site settings too?  eg:- System Administrator and System User role

Rudra |  DYNAMICS Administrator | MCPS | MCTS | My Blog 

Verified Answer
Susan Conrod responded on 10 Apr 2014 6:53 AM

You can create a custom role.  There is an article here that you might want to look at that goes into create a role for ERD.  And from that you can take some information on any other roles you might want to create within the Report Server:  www.selectsifiso.net  

The article is by Sifiso W. Ndlovu who is certified in SQL 2008 and SQL 2012 but might answer a whole lot of your questions and it helped me out when setting up for SSRS.

Sue Conrod

Verified Answer
Natarajan SankaraNarayanan responded on 13 Jun 2014 6:16 AM

Hi Rudra,

Please find the MSFT link that helps to add custom roles in Site Settings.

Verified Answer
Susan Conrod responded on 10 Apr 2014 6:53 AM

You can create a custom role.  There is an article here that you might want to look at that goes into create a role for ERD.  And from that you can take some information on any other roles you might want to create within the Report Server:  www.selectsifiso.net  

The article is by Sifiso W. Ndlovu who is certified in SQL 2008 and SQL 2012 but might answer a whole lot of your questions and it helped me out when setting up for SSRS.

Sue Conrod

Verified Answer
Natarajan SankaraNarayanan responded on 13 Jun 2014 6:16 AM

Hi Rudra,

Please find the MSFT link that helps to add custom roles in Site Settings.