Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)': Record is deleted

Question Status

Suggested Answer
Karla asked a question on 10 Jun 2014 7:43 AM

None of our users are able to access FRx Row formats, Column Layouts or Reporting trees directly, they get the error above.  They are able to access the Catalog of Reports.  From what research I've done so far it looks like we have a column in a table with either missing or corrupt data but I'm not sure where to have my DBA start searching.  I located this list of tables used by FRx support.microsoft.com/.../867365 and one user indicated he was missing column information that contained GL Account information so I'm targeting GL00100, 10110, 30000, 30001, 10111, SY00302 and 00300.  Just wanted any other advice if I'm headed in the right direction or should be approaching this differently.  Thanks!

SueC responded on 10 Jun 2014 8:21 AM

Make sure you sysdata is pointed correctly, that is usually a shared file and it looks like yours has gone missing.  You can check by opening System>>Administration and looking at where your sysdata file is.  It is usually located in a shared location.  Take a look and see where it is supposed to be.  The Sysdata contains all your rows, columns and trees.

Karla responded on 10 Jun 2014 8:37 AM

Susan,

We are on FRx release 6.7.1.2008 and I do not see the menu path System > Administration.

I can see the SysData folder on our server but not file named that either.  ?

SueC responded on 10 Jun 2014 8:52 AM

Doesn't matter where it is getting the files.  If it can't see the Sysdata files you won't see anything.  Here is a TK to go by.  Basically check within the local install of FRx look at the FRX32.cfg and see where your Sysdata and your I/O Data are pointed to and see if the file actually exists.  

support.microsoft.com/.../871831

Karla responded on 10 Jun 2014 11:55 AM

Susan,

The FRX32.cfg file is pointing to the correct location.  We also checked to make sure our users have the correct permissions to all folders that Microsoft FRx must access and also that they have Full Control permissions to the registry key:  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FRx Software.  As well we verified the shared SysData folder is set to shared.

SueC responded on 10 Jun 2014 12:01 PM

The only other thing I could find was out on the following website:

www.techspot.com/.../frx-run-time-error-2147220502.106237 but their's was a language issue:

SueC responded on 10 Jun 2014 1:14 PM

Are you able to log in as 'sa' and if so have you tried compacting the db.  Make sure all other users are out of the db.  

Nathan Hayden responded on 10 Jul 2015 3:34 PM

Try compressing the system database and spec set.

Suggested Answer
Harry Lee responded on 10 Jul 2015 6:11 PM

Sue and Nathan are dispensing some solid advice here. I have found the two major causes  of problems with FRx are installation (one user is typically affected) and data corruption (all users are affected). In this instance it sounds like the latter. One of the most ubiquitous fixes is to delete the *.g32 files in the sysdata folder.

If you were to run an Internet Search, you would find numerous cases resolved by this approach. In case you miss my warning in my signature below, always have a backup.

Suggested Answer
Harry Lee responded on 10 Jul 2015 6:11 PM

Sue and Nathan are dispensing some solid advice here. I have found the two major causes  of problems with FRx are installation (one user is typically affected) and data corruption (all users are affected). In this instance it sounds like the latter. One of the most ubiquitous fixes is to delete the *.g32 files in the sysdata folder.

If you were to run an Internet Search, you would find numerous cases resolved by this approach. In case you miss my warning in my signature below, always have a backup.