Question Status

Suggested Answer
GaryGoldner asked a question on 21 Jul 2014 9:00 AM

Hello,

Is it possible to suppress the message we receive whenever we print from within the web client, "Do you trust this application to write to your printer?"  If so, how do we do it?

Thank you.

Gary Goldner

Suggested Answer
Natarajan SankaraNarayanan responded on 21 Jul 2014 9:06 AM

Hi Gary,

Please have a look on the below link

community.dynamics.com/.../132012.aspx

Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 21 Jul 2014 9:19 AM

Install Trusted App MSI file on client computers.

To install Trusted App MSI, go to the default location of the msi file is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP Web Client\GPweb\DynamicsGPTrustedApp.msi.

Also have a look on the below link.

blogs.msdn.com/.../microsoft-dynamics-gp-web-client-and-silverlight-security-requirements.aspx

Hope this helps!!!

Note: Please mark it as verified, if this answer your question. Because this will helps to some others who experience the same.

Best Regards,

Somakarpagamoorthy K | Microsoft Dynamics GP Consultant | Dynamics Thoughts

TTech responded on 18 Feb 2015 9:05 AM

Has anyone had success suppressing the message "Do you trust this application to write to your printer?"  I have run the Microsoft utility to install the certificate and update registry on the local PC and I have manually confirmed both are correct on my PC.  The Registry value has the '1' setting and when logged into the GP Web Client the IE Browser in the lower right shows Trust sites | Protected Mode: Off. 

This all looks correct but I'm still getting the printing prompt.

Suggested Answer
TTech responded on 19 Feb 2015 11:12 AM

For future reference.  This is what I got back from Microsoft.  I'm surprised this was not documented somewhere else.

If you are printing the default GP reports from Web Client there is no way to suppress this warning.  This is an IE\Silverlight security issue that we cannot work around when printing the default GP reports.  We recommend that you switch over to the Word Forms for your reports as this will not prompt you with the same warning as long as you’ve installed the TrustedApp msi.

I understand that this may not be an ideal solution for all situations and apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

Chris Bulson responded on 19 Feb 2015 11:14 AM

If you are printing the default GP reports from Web Client there is no way to suppress this warning.  This is an IE\Silverlight security issue that we cannot work around when printing the default GP reports directly to the printer.  We recommend that you switch over to the Word Forms for your reports as this will not prompt you with the same warning as long as you’ve installed the TrustedApp msi.

Suggested Answer
Natarajan SankaraNarayanan responded on 21 Jul 2014 9:06 AM

Hi Gary,

Please have a look on the below link

community.dynamics.com/.../132012.aspx

Suggested Answer
TTech responded on 19 Feb 2015 11:12 AM

For future reference.  This is what I got back from Microsoft.  I'm surprised this was not documented somewhere else.

If you are printing the default GP reports from Web Client there is no way to suppress this warning.  This is an IE\Silverlight security issue that we cannot work around when printing the default GP reports.  We recommend that you switch over to the Word Forms for your reports as this will not prompt you with the same warning as long as you’ve installed the TrustedApp msi.

I understand that this may not be an ideal solution for all situations and apologize for any inconvenience this causes.