Question Status

Verified
NickAtPI asked a question on 18 Sep 2014 1:57 PM

We've got an integration to add new items to the inventory tables but it isn't integrating all the fields which it should be; in particular the 6 custom fields on the options card and the item notes. All the integrations report as being successful.

The source is an SQL table.

Reply
Jonathan Fear responded on 18 Sep 2014 2:53 PM

What do you mean custom fields?

Reply
NickAtPI responded on 18 Sep 2014 2:55 PM

The 6 custom/user defined fields, columns [USCATVLS_1] - [USCATVLS_6] in IV00101

Reply
Jonathan Fear responded on 18 Sep 2014 3:10 PM

Worked for me. I had to first make sure those types existed. For example I had to go into the options window in GP and a Test1 for the first Category and I was prompted to add this category value.

In the mapping if you click on the Options folder and then on the right side next to the Fields tab click the Options tab, does it say Use Field Rules or Use Default?

Reply
NickAtPI responded on 18 Sep 2014 3:19 PM

It was set to 'use default'. Now that it is set to 'use field rules', it works. Thx!

However, the notes still aren't working...

Reply
Jonathan Fear responded on 18 Sep 2014 3:29 PM

Mine worked as well. What are you mapping the note to in your source? Is it a lot of characters?

Reply
NickAtPI responded on 18 Sep 2014 3:40 PM

It comes from a custom system which we use to manage the addition of new items. The average length of the history field is 300-600 characters, well within the max of 32,000.

Reply
Harry Lee responded on 18 Sep 2014 3:45 PM

What is the format of the data coming from your custom system?  From the looks of your integration layout, this should work.

Reply
NickAtPI responded on 18 Sep 2014 3:56 PM

Its an nvarchar(2000).

I just tried integrating it with "test" in the history source field (to the notes destination field), and it didn't work. Prompted by what you said I thought it could be some of the line breaks, but apparently not or it would have worked with "test".

Reply
Jonathan Fear responded on 18 Sep 2014 4:07 PM

Instead of mapping it set it to use constant just as a test.

Reply
Jonathan Fear responded on 18 Sep 2014 4:24 PM

I just mapped mine and it worked as well. Not sure what is going on with yours. If you preview the source in IM do you see the notes?

Reply
Harry Lee responded on 18 Sep 2014 6:27 PM

I am with Jonathan on this one - if you Right Click on the source and preview your data do you actually see any of the notes?   If you do not, I am thinking I would recommend a script to cast and convert the SQL field to an alternative data type, even if it's smaller, and truncates information initially, as a test.

Reply
NickAtPI responded on 19 Sep 2014 9:30 AM

In the source preview, the notes do appear as a field with the correct data.

Tried setting it as a constant of "test note" and it didn't work.

Reply
Verified Answer
Jonathan Fear responded on 19 Sep 2014 10:44 AM

Something isn't right with the setup then because I tested this on 2010 and 2013 and it works just fine. I would have to refer you to open a support case for this so we could get your IMD file and source files in house to look at this further.

Reply
NickAtPI responded on 19 Sep 2014 1:42 PM

Thanks

Reply
Verified Answer
Jonathan Fear responded on 19 Sep 2014 10:44 AM

Something isn't right with the setup then because I tested this on 2010 and 2013 and it works just fine. I would have to refer you to open a support case for this so we could get your IMD file and source files in house to look at this further.

Reply