Question Status

Suggested Answer
PDF asked a question on 28 Jan 2015 5:05 AM

Can we do a post for a GP transaction from Web (i.e.. from Sahre Point) without opening a GP?

Suggested Answer
Mahmoud M. AlSaadi responded on 28 Jan 2015 6:03 AM

No, you can not

There is a third party solution though, which is the "Post Master" by Envisage Software

Best Regards,

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi

Dynamics GP Essentials |   mahmoudsaadi.blogspot.com

Suggested Answer
BABU BASKARAN responded on 28 Jan 2015 6:05 AM

Hi,

Just to be clear are you wanted to open GP in web to post the transactions if so you can access GP using web client.

Best Regards,

Babu Baskaran

Financial Systems Manager

Please mark this as verified if it answers your question. Verifying the answer will help others who experience this same issue.

Leslie Vail responded on 30 Jan 2015 11:13 PM

Babu,

I think he wants to order the 'post' from the Web without having to open GP,

Kind regards,

Leslie

Leslie Vail, CPA, MVP, MCT, MCITP, MCP, MCITS
ASCI, Inc.    *    PO Box 600965   *   Dallas, TX 75360    *   972-814-8550   *   leslievail@earthlink.net

PDF responded on 1 Feb 2015 4:30 AM

we want to order the 'post' from the Web without having to open GP

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi responded on 1 Feb 2015 4:54 AM

Unfortunately, not possible.

Best Regards,

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 1 Feb 2015 6:01 AM

I think you can post the batch from Web application without open the GP. Because, I have experience the same scenario and posted the batches without opening GP.

To do this, call the GP procedure/function which is used for posting batch and use this procedure/functions to your code to pass the appropriate parameters.

Hope this helps!!!

Note: Please mark it as verified, if this answer your question. Because this will helps to some others who experience the same.

Best Regards,

Somakarpagamoorthy K | Microsoft Dynamics GP Consultant | Dynamics Thoughts

Suggested Answer
Mahmoud M. AlSaadi responded on 28 Jan 2015 6:03 AM

No, you can not

There is a third party solution though, which is the "Post Master" by Envisage Software

Best Regards,

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi

Suggested Answer
BABU BASKARAN responded on 28 Jan 2015 6:05 AM

Hi,

Just to be clear are you wanted to open GP in web to post the transactions if so you can access GP using web client.

Best Regards,

Babu Baskaran

Financial Systems Manager

Please mark this as verified if it answers your question. Verifying the answer will help others who experience this same issue.

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 1 Feb 2015 6:01 AM

I think you can post the batch from Web application without open the GP. Because, I have experience the same scenario and posted the batches without opening GP.

To do this, call the GP procedure/function which is used for posting batch and use this procedure/functions to your code to pass the appropriate parameters.

Hope this helps!!!

Note: Please mark it as verified, if this answer your question. Because this will helps to some others who experience the same.

Best Regards,

Somakarpagamoorthy K | Microsoft Dynamics GP Consultant | Dynamics Thoughts