Question Status

Unanswered
Nursh asked a question on 9 Feb 2015 1:10 AM

Hi All,

I am looking to reconcile Cashbook transactions against the General Ledger. I am having trouble finding tables that hold cashbook posted transactions distributions for Bank Transfers, Cash Receipts and Deposits. Also it seems historical cashbook transactions distributions are held in a separate table, is this correct?

I would appreciate your insight .Many Thanks,

The Best thing in Life is Life

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi responded on 9 Feb 2015 4:54 AM

Hello Nursh

Of course, the definite easy solution is to upgrade to Dynamics GP 2013 in which a new feature was introduced to reconcile checkbook to General Ledger, it provides a detailed report for the matched, unmatched and potentially matched transactions.

If that was not a solution, digging in the database for associated checkbook transaction would be quite difficult since the CM is related to payable and receivable. I have worked previously on a similar project to reconcile CM to GL in an environment which doesn't have the reconcile utility, here is the script that were developed:

If this resolves your issue, please feel free to close the case

Your feedback is highly appreciated,

Best Regards,

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi

Dynamics GP Essentials |   mahmoudsaadi.blogspot.com

Justin Thorp responded on 9 Feb 2015 8:51 AM

Hi Nursh,

Can you confirm if you are using the "Cashbook Bank Management" module, or the "Bank Reconciliation" module?

Thanks,
Justin

Nursh responded on 9 Feb 2015 9:43 AM

Hi Mahmoud, thank you for your response. I have looked at your scripts. The transactions I am looking at are sitting in CB tables not CM.

Nursh responded on 9 Feb 2015 9:44 AM

Hi Justin,Thanks for response, It's the 'Cashbook Bank Management' Module.