I creating a new word template from the original RM Statement on Blank Paper and then generating a statement with that template. All information is being displayed for the body but the header information in word has not been populated and the logo hasn't been added. Its as if the xml cant write to the word header.
Im using Word 2013 and no modifications have been made to the standard word template. I seem to have this issue across all word templates. Am I missing a setting in Word or GP?
I never had luck with adding the logo to word templates as an actual field. I always right click, "remove content control", and add the logo the same way I'd add a picture to a regular Word document.
Many RW reports have a page header and report header, including the RW statement on blank paper. This can sometimes cause headaches when creating word templates - but you're saying you haven't modified the Word template at all? Have you made any modifications to the RW report? And are you using the Original version to create the Word Template or Modified version?
Any other users having the same issue?
I am using the original RM statement and trying to generate the standard word version. I have added the logo though reports config. The date and account are displaying xxxxxxxx
Really strange and annoying :)
That's strange. I'm testing it right now. My header and logo are printing fine, but when i add a field to the header - regardless of whether i add it from the page header or report header list of available fields, it doesn't show up.
Did you use the template maintenance window at all? Or did you select to print the template instead of the standard report when you were printing?
I made a new version of the original template in template maintenance so I could modify the word template as required, but I never did anything to word template at this stage. I do want to but trying to get past this part first
If you click "Modify" on the template maintenance window to open up the word template, right click on the header and select "Edit Header". Put the cursor in either of the fields that are printing with X's instead of data. When you right click, do you see an option that says "Remove Content Control"? If you don't see that option, the field isn't mapped and you just need to delete the x's, open up your field list and drag the field over.
I would also check to make sure you have Open XML 2.0 SDK or later installed on your machine. That might be causing some issues.
Here are a couple of helpful articles:
If you are new to word templates sometimes it's better to just scrap it and restart, especially if the form isn't modified.
You can add the image directly to the Word document that is being used for the template, and re-add the modified version using the template maintenance screen.
Thanks, Joshua Pelkola
I have got logos and data working in header now. However, there stills seems some inconsistent behaviour that occurs create a new word template from the original to change the Word design.
I will keep an eye on it, thanks for your help everyone
Actually this is really frustrating, can nayone else confirm they are getting this issue using these steps:
1. Create original word template and test - it seems to works fine and header etc is populated.
2. Create a new template from your existing template and test - it works
3. Modify your new template to remove the blue banding in the header and test - it doesn't work, the header is now not populated.