Carrying on from https://community.dynamics.com/gp/f/32/t/136318.aspx can I ask the direct question of why does Workflow 2.0 uses the Pre-Windows 2000 Domain name or WindowsDNSDomain name and not the Windows Domain name as expected.  It seems very backwards and as a result Workflow Name assignment does not work properly.  If it is working by design as specified in the other forum post then why does it not appear correctly with the assigned user.  So for example we see Assigned User: " " and its only we update the WFI10004 table where we see the corrected Assigned user appear.

This has to be changed for GP 2013 R2 and GP 2015 as although it may be working as designed it is not working correctly as a customer product for the customers it effects and should remain in the lab.  Very frustrating.