Question Status

Verified
PKiley asked a question on 25 Feb 2015 8:24 AM

We recently applied a bunch of Microsoft Patches and now we're seeing this error when our users try to submit their timesheets.  We saw this error once before and it was because of 2 .NET patches.  We've blocked those patches, but now it seems to be happening again.

 

We're running Business Portal 6.1

Reply
Arunprasath responded on 25 Feb 2015 9:57 AM

PKiley, Are you able create new timesheet? If the error occurs while creating new timesheet there is an relevant link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889754/en-us

Reply
Bill Campbell responded on 25 Feb 2015 10:28 AM

PKiley, did you encounter any errors during the installation of the patches?

Did you have to do a re-installation of the BP6.1 code?  If so, did you encounter any errors at that time.

Reason for asking is we had BP6.0 running without error for a long time and then the IT team did a bunch of Service packs to the server and did not think it important to tell anyone.  At about the same time we started to do updates and one of the updates was to BP6.1

Well needless to say, that failed with great big flames.

We finally after many hours found on a Microsoft site that one of the patches was responsible for the failure and it was a known but seamingly unpublished conflict with SharePoint 2010 and the patch.  Once the patch was removed, all was well.


** Please, if this answers your question, mark it as 'Answered' so others experiencing the same will know it resolved your issue. **

Bill Campbell
Director, Operations
M.I.S. Management Information Solutions Ltd.
Skype: billc.edmonton
Cell: +1 780 994 2455
Off : +1 780 481 5564

Reply
Verified Answer
PKiley responded on 25 Feb 2015 12:21 PM

We were able to resolve the issue.  This is the 2nd time we've had Business Portal 6.1 timesheet creation fail on us.  The last time was due to 2 .NET patches that cause the issue noted in METHOD 3 in this Microsoft article

support.microsoft.com/.../2860634

We then looked at all of the patches we installed recently and found another .NET security patch.  This one to be specific:

support.microsoft.com/.../2901982

So on a hunch, we uninstalled this patch, and now voila!  Business Portal is functioning again.

We are going to work with our Dynamics Vendor (Cogsdale) and Microsoft to determine why these .NET patches keep breaking Business Portal

Hope this helps!

Reply
Bill Campbell responded on 25 Feb 2015 12:27 PM

I was not as involved with the Patch issue - as in I did not get to know exactly what patch ID was in error - but as I recall it was something that really made SharePoint 2010 fail.  I believe that it is not exactly a BP code related error, but more of a SharePoint error problem.

But like you say, once determined and once remove - pow - all was working as expected and not a single error after that.

Thanks for the additions to the post.


** Please, if this answers your question, mark it as 'Answered' so others experiencing the same will know it resolved your issue. **

Bill Campbell
Director, Operations
M.I.S. Management Information Solutions Ltd.
Skype: billc.edmonton
Cell: +1 780 994 2455
Off : +1 780 481 5564

Reply
Andy Sather responded on 11 Mar 2015 10:24 AM

Have you applied the new .dll from this blog?

https://community.dynamics.com/gp/b/dynamicsgp/archive/2014/11/06/an-unexpected-error-has-occurred-please-contact-your-system-administrator.aspx

This should resolve the issue.

Andy Sather

Microsoft

Andy Sather

Partner Online Technical Community

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We hope you get value from our new forums platform!

Tell us what you think:

 

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerfdbk/threads

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,

and confers no rights.

-----------------------

Reply
Verified Answer
PKiley responded on 25 Feb 2015 12:21 PM

We were able to resolve the issue.  This is the 2nd time we've had Business Portal 6.1 timesheet creation fail on us.  The last time was due to 2 .NET patches that cause the issue noted in METHOD 3 in this Microsoft article

support.microsoft.com/.../2860634

We then looked at all of the patches we installed recently and found another .NET security patch.  This one to be specific:

support.microsoft.com/.../2901982

So on a hunch, we uninstalled this patch, and now voila!  Business Portal is functioning again.

We are going to work with our Dynamics Vendor (Cogsdale) and Microsoft to determine why these .NET patches keep breaking Business Portal

Hope this helps!

Reply