Question Status

Verified
Bill Campbell asked a question on 25 Feb 2015 11:07 AM

We have an environment with two SQL Server instances, SQL2008 R2 on Server MIS1 and SQL2012 on Server MIS2

MIS1 has / is running the production instance of GP2010 with 2 operational companies

MIS2 is running the test instance of GP2013 and GP2015 with 2 copies of the production companies (CO1 and CO2)

Situation
When I try to run Dynamics DatabaseMaintenance for GP2010 on CLIENT1 I see the Dynamics db as well as CO1 of the operational databases and the TWO database, but I am missing the CO2 database.

When I launch GP2010 from CLIENT1 I can access CO2 and CO1 as well at TWO without error

When I launch GP2010 from CLIENT2 same results.

We are not encountering any errors in the processing of files on either company

There are no access issues on the MIS2 server

The ODBC connections and passwords for SA are different for each server so little chance of crossing the lines via ODBC (I hope)

Problem

I can not access CO2 from the Dynamics Database Maintenance however I can see the CO1 and CO2 in the Administration >> Utilities >> Delete Company window

Question
How do I get the CO2 back on the Dynamics Database Maintenance screen?

** Please, if this answers your question, mark it as 'Answered' so others experiencing the same will know it resolved your issue. **

Bill Campbell
Director, Operations
M.I.S. Management Information Solutions Ltd.
Cell: +1 780 994 2455
Off : +1 780 481 5564

Derek Albaugh responded on 11 Mar 2015 12:18 PM

Can't say we've seen this, as within the DB Maintenance Utility, you enter in the SQL instance, so it should only be looking at that instance, the DYNAMICS or system database on that instance and then the company databases listed in the SY01500 table.

Usually the issue we see is when we try a company database, it fails, where we have to make sure no query windows are open for it, no applications are using it, sometimes even needing to stop and restart the SQL instance it is on.

The odd part is that you can logon to that 'missing' company database, so it doesn't seem like there is any damage or corruption to that database.

If this is still an issue, and if you haven't already, I'd recommend creating a support case so we could look at it closer.

Thanks

Verified Answer
Bill Campbell responded on 11 Mar 2015 5:46 PM

May be sounding a bit risky, but I think I am going to wait until I move to GP2013 and then onto GP2015 as I am not so sure I really need to fix something that 'really' does not appear to be broken - but in a utility that I don't have to use.

I was only using the Dynamics Database Utility to look up a step for someone while I had them on the phone and could not recall what I needed them to do.

So for now, I am calling this case closed.

** Please, if this answers your question, mark it as 'Answered' so others experiencing the same will know it resolved your issue. **

Bill Campbell
Director, Operations

Verified Answer
Bill Campbell responded on 11 Mar 2015 5:46 PM

May be sounding a bit risky, but I think I am going to wait until I move to GP2013 and then onto GP2015 as I am not so sure I really need to fix something that 'really' does not appear to be broken - but in a utility that I don't have to use.

I was only using the Dynamics Database Utility to look up a step for someone while I had them on the phone and could not recall what I needed them to do.

So for now, I am calling this case closed.

Bill Campbell
Director, Operations