Question Status

Suggested Answer
Gianfranco asked a question on 25 Mar 2015 2:55 AM

Hi All,

Is there a possibility to to transfer a complete Sales Order Entry through the In-Transit Transfer entry from Purchasing Warehouse via Transit to the receiveing warehouse (in our case) Repairs Warehouse?

We create the demand via a Sales Order Entry in our MAIN Site. Once goods arrive in the MAIN warehouse the items will be shipped to the Repair Warehouse. There is no real financial transaction but just the physical transfer between 2 countries. As long we transfer 2 items it's not a big effort to make the entries but if we would like to transfer 30+ items it creates a lot of work. It would be nice if I could copy the complete order into the ITT. Any ideas how to do it? Thanks

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 25 Mar 2015 9:59 AM

I think, you can not move a sales order all line items from one site to another by using In-transit entry.

I think better you can move one by one or if you have many items, better you can create a macro to move your inventory from one site to another site.

Hope this helps!!!

Note: Please mark it as verified, if this answer your question. Because this will helps to some others who experience the same.

Best Regards,

Somakarpagamoorthy K | Microsoft Dynamics GP Consultant | Dynamics Thoughts

Suggested Answer
Mahmoud M. AlSaadi responded on 25 Mar 2015 10:23 AM

Allow me to illustrate the issue more clearly,

You do have two sites, site (A) which is the main warehouse and (B) which is the repair warehouse in the other country.

You create a sales order is issued from site (A). On the other and, a separate receiving transaction entry is issued for the same site above (A), right ?

In this case, you may have options to either use the in-transit to receive items to the destination site (site B) through (site A). and issue the sales order separately from the destination site which is (B).

How about receiving the items to site A, then transferring them through (Inventory Transaction Type- Transfer) to Site (B). The sales order is still issued from site (B)

Are we on the same page ?

Your feedback is highly appreciated,

Best Regards,

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi

Dynamics GP Essentials |   mahmoudsaadi.blogspot.com

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 25 Mar 2015 9:59 AM

I think, you can not move a sales order all line items from one site to another by using In-transit entry.

I think better you can move one by one or if you have many items, better you can create a macro to move your inventory from one site to another site.

Hope this helps!!!

Note: Please mark it as verified, if this answer your question. Because this will helps to some others who experience the same.

Best Regards,

Somakarpagamoorthy K | Microsoft Dynamics GP Consultant | Dynamics Thoughts

Suggested Answer
Mahmoud M. AlSaadi responded on 25 Mar 2015 10:23 AM

Allow me to illustrate the issue more clearly,

You do have two sites, site (A) which is the main warehouse and (B) which is the repair warehouse in the other country.

You create a sales order is issued from site (A). On the other and, a separate receiving transaction entry is issued for the same site above (A), right ?

In this case, you may have options to either use the in-transit to receive items to the destination site (site B) through (site A). and issue the sales order separately from the destination site which is (B).

How about receiving the items to site A, then transferring them through (Inventory Transaction Type- Transfer) to Site (B). The sales order is still issued from site (B)

Are we on the same page ?

Your feedback is highly appreciated,

Best Regards,

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi

Dynamics GP Essentials |   mahmoudsaadi.blogspot.com