How do you Copy & Paste a Journal Entry that has Multidimensional Analysis codes attached to the cost centres?

Question Status

Verified
S A asked a question on 15 Sep 2015 10:02 PM

Hi All,

My company has enabled the Multi Dimensional Analysis tool (MDA) and we regularly post journals via the Integration Manager (CTRL+F12).

We were told that GP 2015 (upgraded from 2010) had the capability of doing a Copy/Paste of the journal instead of integrating using the current template that we have.

How do we go on about pasting an excel journal directly into GP 2015 with MDAs attached to cost centre items?

Your help is appreciated.

Many Thanks

Verified Answer
Leslie Vail responded on 16 Sep 2015 10:40 AM

Hi,

If you are speaking of the Copy/Paste feature using Excel, I do not think you can paste MDA information. As far as I know, the paste for the MDA information has not been developed.

Kind regards,

Leslie

Verified Answer
Mahmoud M. AlSaadi responded on 16 Sep 2015 11:47 AM

That is so right, the copy/paste functionality introduced precisely in GP 2013 R2 supports pasting journal entries from Excel to Dynamics GP on the General Ledger form. Analytical accounting details are supporting only if you use the AA Alias. You may check the comprehensive details on Copy Paste GL Journals from Excel to Dynamics GP with Analytical Accounting details.

Let us know if you have any further inquiries,

Leslie Vail responded on 16 Sep 2015 11:57 AM

Hi Mahmoud,

Sounds like it's time to switch the MDA information over to AA!

Kind regards,

Leslie

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi responded on 16 Sep 2015 12:04 PM

Definitely,

S A responded on 16 Sep 2015 6:12 PM

Dear Leslie,

Thank you for your response.

S A responded on 16 Sep 2015 6:13 PM

Hi Mahmoud,

Thanks for your response.

Agreed with Leslie, perhaps it's time to switch to AA.

Verified Answer
Leslie Vail responded on 16 Sep 2015 10:40 AM

Hi,

If you are speaking of the Copy/Paste feature using Excel, I do not think you can paste MDA information. As far as I know, the paste for the MDA information has not been developed.

Kind regards,

Leslie

Verified Answer
Mahmoud M. AlSaadi responded on 16 Sep 2015 11:47 AM

That is so right, the copy/paste functionality introduced precisely in GP 2013 R2 supports pasting journal entries from Excel to Dynamics GP on the General Ledger form. Analytical accounting details are supporting only if you use the AA Alias. You may check the comprehensive details on Copy Paste GL Journals from Excel to Dynamics GP with Analytical Accounting details.

Let us know if you have any further inquiries,