You can't check links on this table group now; another user is editing purchase orders or receipts

Question Status

Suggested Answer
LSandhawalia asked a question on 29 Sep 2015 8:23 AM

When running Check links on our database with no one in the system I get the following error on Sales Work, Purchasing History, and Purchasing Transactions.

"You can't check links on this table group now; another user is editing purchase orders or receipts."

What is wrong? How can I tell who is in the system and how to do this without erroring out?

Suggested Answer
Kirk Livermont responded on 29 Sep 2015 10:42 AM

Can you see the user's if you go to Microsoft Dynamics--Tools--Utilities--System--User Activity? If they are there you can remove them and proceed but you will want to be sure they aren't actually active in GP. If this doesn't work I can send you the scripts to clear the appropriate tables.

Regards,

Kirk

Suggested Answer
SueC responded on 29 Sep 2015 11:32 AM

Just ran into this the other night.  

Just like when you have a batch stuck in posting check the following:

USE Tempdb

Select * from DEX_Lock

Select * from DEX_Session

USE DYNAMICS

Select * from SY00800

Select * from SY00801

If no on is in the system, then you can delete any of these, make sure no one is truly in the system.

Sue

Kirk Livermont responded on 29 Sep 2015 1:47 PM

Just to add to Sue's comment. Make sure no one is in the system AND take a clean backup before running the delete portion of these scripts.

Suggested Answer
Kirk Livermont responded on 29 Sep 2015 10:42 AM

Can you see the user's if you go to Microsoft Dynamics--Tools--Utilities--System--User Activity? If they are there you can remove them and proceed but you will want to be sure they aren't actually active in GP. If this doesn't work I can send you the scripts to clear the appropriate tables.

Regards,

Kirk

Suggested Answer
SueC responded on 29 Sep 2015 11:32 AM

Just ran into this the other night.  

Just like when you have a batch stuck in posting check the following:

USE Tempdb

Select * from DEX_Lock

Select * from DEX_Session

USE DYNAMICS

Select * from SY00800

Select * from SY00801

If no on is in the system, then you can delete any of these, make sure no one is truly in the system.

Sue