EMail Statements - pdf document name

Question Status

Unanswered
Tracey Wright asked a question on 20 Jul 2010 2:21 PM

When you use the Email Statements feature in Receivables, it creates a PDF attachment to the email message. Can you control how these attachments are named? The default seems to be rm_[customer number]_00.pdf.

Ultimately, we want to be able to save each statement as a separate PDF file and store it on the web server. The web programmers make this accessible to each customer through their portal. If the files are all named the same, we can't keep more than one statement available to each customer.

Any thoughts on this are appreciated!

Tracey

Vikas Gupta responded on 28 Feb 2012 9:29 AM

Dynamics GP use the PDF as temp file.It is available in temp of GP for example for me it is "C:\Users\Vikas\AppData\Local\Temp\two\Microsoft Dynamics GP".  If you not found the file there then it will only the task of developer to achieve this.

Thanks

Vikas Gupta

Olivier Roy responded on 14 Jul 2017 12:30 PM

Hello everyone,

I'd like to know if the principal question "Is there a way to determine how GP is naming pdf files before sending them by email ?" have been answered ?

We're looking to send Customer statements by email but the name format (rm_custnumb_00.pdf)  really seems to be a big deal for my clients.

Is there a out-of-the-box way to get this done ?

I'm asking since this question was posted in 2010 and I don't seems to find any other allusion to this matter.

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Have a nice day,

Olivier Roy responded on 14 Jul 2017 12:35 PM

Forgot a detail, ly client using GP2013 R2! Many thing changed when thinking how GP manage emails around these versions! Thank you