After 2010 Year End Update applied

Question Status

Suggested Answer
KGarroway asked a question on 7 Jan 2011 7:34 AM

This past week I have applied the 2010 Year End Update for GP 10 on two client systems.

They are both reporting issues now with processing Accounts Payable transactions.  The transactions are not posting properly and get dumped into Batch Recovery.

The other issue is that when generating a Detail Trial Balance Report.  The report will print to the screen and then bounce out of the application.  getting a MEM_Bad_Pointer

Seems that the application has become unstable.

If someone else is reporting these issues I would be interested to know how you are able to correct these issues.  Clients are getting very frustrated with these issues.

Regards,

Kevin

 

Reply
Sandip Jadhav responded on 7 Jan 2011 8:29 AM

Kevin, I was also in same problem. Below is steps I did.

Let all user log off from GP and Recreate reports.dic file-->Export package file from -->Microsoft Dynamics GP-->Tool--Utilities-->Customization and Maintenance-- Export. Delete or rename existing Reports.dic file and Import again package file. You will see error in Reporting if any.

Just now one of user was facing "MEM_Bad_Pointer" issue I did reinstallation but GP was not getting install because of ProductID 6499. To Fix Installation Error :

To fix this error:

1. Run a repair or update on the Microsoft Dynamics GP client under the Windows Control Panel. This will reinstall the Dynamics Online Services application dictionary and the assembly.

NOTE: You will not see this application in a list of selections as it appears to be a "default" application and it will reinstall itself.

However if you not interested in repairing the application and rather completely get rid of the Dynamics Online Services feature, then follow these steps:

1. Under the Microsoft Dynamics\GP folder, locate and delete the DO6499.dic dictionary file.

2. Remove all references of this product from the application launch file, DYNAMICS.SET.

6499

Dynamics Online Services

:C:Program Files/Microsoft Dynamics/GP/DO6499.DIC

:C:Program Files/Microsoft Dynamics/GP/Data/DO6499F.DIC

:C:Program Files/Microsoft Dynamics/GP/Data/DO6499R.DIC

NOTE: Don't forget to decrease the number of products by 1 in the DYNAMICS.SET file. Usually, this is the first entry in the launch file.

3. Locate the AddIns folder and delete the Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.OnlineServices.dll assembly file

4. Also remove the Application.DynamicsOnlineServices.dll from the GP installation folder

After reinstallation everyting is working fine.

Hope solution will help you to resolve your issue.

Let me know it got resolved or not.

Thanks

Sandip

210.440.9855

Reply
Suggested Answer
KGarroway responded on 7 Jan 2011 9:31 AM

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  Yes, I discovered that the reports.dic had gotten corrupted as well.  I had all users exit out of GP.  Recreated the reports.dic in the shared location.

Then imported in the reports from the original dictionary into the new dictionary.  This so far this has seemed to have corrected the issues that the one client is getting.  

Thanks,

Kevin

Reply
DanMoore responded on 19 Sep 2012 7:55 AM

Hello Kevin,

It is great to hear that your issue was resolved using the steps that Sandip gave you.

Please update this post if you have any other questions on this.

Best regards,

Dan Moore

Partner Online Technical Community

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We hope you get value from our new forums platform! Tell us what you think:

social.microsoft.com/.../threads

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Reply
Suggested Answer
KGarroway responded on 7 Jan 2011 9:31 AM

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  Yes, I discovered that the reports.dic had gotten corrupted as well.  I had all users exit out of GP.  Recreated the reports.dic in the shared location.

Then imported in the reports from the original dictionary into the new dictionary.  This so far this has seemed to have corrected the issues that the one client is getting.  

Thanks,

Kevin

Reply