Historical Inventory Trial Balance vs. Historical Stock Status Report

Question Status

Unanswered
Charlotte Ballard asked a question on 2 Sep 2008 1:16 PM

I recently read that Dynamics GP 10.0 SP2 includes a new report called the Historical Inventory Trial Balance. 

Does anyone know the details behind this report?  Does it have quantities as well as values for inventory?

Does it replace the Historical Stock Status report?

We are currently begining to use the historical stock status report for a "point in time" value of inventory and aren't sure if the HITB will work like this or not.  As everyone knows, it is difficult to begin shipping and posting invoices in a new month while trying to obtain the past month's value and quantities of inventory. 

Thanks for any insight.

Ahmed Hussein responded on 20 Nov 2008 6:34 AM

Dear Charlotte,

No, there is a big difference ... the HITB is a report for reconcile IV to GL and it’s columns are: (Journal Entry - Date – Document Number – Source - Variance Qty –  Quantity -Unit Cost – Value).

BR,

Ahmed

David Musgrave [MS] responded on 20 Nov 2008 3:47 PM

Hi Charlotte

Here are links to some documentation on the Historical Inventory Trial Balance (HITB) Report.

Understand the Historical Inventory Trial Balance Report for Microsoft Dynamics GP
https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/newsevents/events/webseminars/mdgpunderstandinvttrialbalrpt.htm?printpage=false

Historical Inventory Trial Balance Inventory Reset Tool for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0
https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/downloads/releases/mdgp10_hitb.htm?printpage=false

Changes made in the ability to edit inventory account numbers in the Purchase Order Processing module beginning in Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 Service Pack 3 and Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 Service Pack 2
https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/support/selfsupport/hottopics/changesmadeabilitytoeditinventoryaccountsinpop.htm?printpage=false

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. 

Susan Moore responded on 21 Nov 2008 3:48 PM

I know quite a bit about the pitfalls of initializing HITB. Contact me directly and I'd be happy to share a document I wrote specifically for our Horizons Manufacturing customers, but the information is pretty relevant for all.

Bron responded on 26 Feb 2009 8:42 AM

Susan - I would like to review your document if you are willing to share.

My email address is:

bron.tamulis@tectura.com

I've been contemplating whether to push some of my clients into deploying HITB.......

Thank you, in advance.......

Bron

Ian Stewart responded on 26 Feb 2009 1:02 PM

Hi Susan, I'd also be interested in your document if you're willing to share. I'm not too up to date on HITB, but want to investigate.

My email is is@genesys.ie

Best regards,

Jocelyn Eure responded on 19 Mar 2009 11:35 AM

Hello!  I am having trouble with the wizard on this report.  I want to test it out in Fabrikam first before I use it at my other clients.  I am getting errors on the IV HITB Reset Tool Validation Report that read "Open layer exists in purchase receipts table where valuation method not stamped" and "Serial/Lot tracked item's receipt layer adjusted unit cost does not equal unit cost."  Can you please tell me how I can fix this so I can actually see the HITB report?

Thanks,

Jocelyn Eure 

djr03 responded on 2 Apr 2009 12:20 PM

Jocelyn,

I received the same errors.  Were you able to find a way to get these corrected during the initialization?

Thanks!

Jocelyn Eure responded on 9 Apr 2009 7:05 AM

No, no one has responded to my post and I cannot find any documentation on how to fix it.  Please let me know if you have any luck.

Thanks, Jocelyn

Suzanne McLaughlin responded on 20 Apr 2009 9:55 AM

Hi - There is an heierarchy to the errors.  The serial number error can be corrected by setting the ADJUNITCOST equal to the UNITCOST in IV10200 - I just made the change in SQL.  The second set of errors resolved themselves after I fixed that cost problem and I was able to proceed with the HITB reset process. 

Good luck with this.  It loos like super functionality for people trying to reconcile book to perpetual in inventory. 

Venkatanarayanan Ramamoorthy responded on 16 May 2009 7:19 AM

Hi Susan

I really need your help. We are having tough time in balancing Stock value and GL balance for stock. Everytime we post the purchase transaction using ship & invoice (including landed cost), we see that there is a difference between GL & SL balance. we tried implementing Service pack 3 and when ever we run the HITB tool it balances. But subsequently the next transaction the difference appears. Is it that i need to run the tool evertime  i want to balance. Sounds ridicolous. Is there anyway of straight forward approach which will balance the value between Stock and GL.

Please reply me at grvenkat99@hotmail.com

Thanks

Venkat

Fliehigh responded on 13 Oct 2009 10:36 AM

Susan Moore

I know quite a bit about the pitfalls of initializing HITB. Contact me directly and I'd be happy to share a document I wrote specifically for our Horizons Manufacturing customers, but the information is pretty relevant for all.

Hi Susan

I would love to read this document.

chadsmith(at)eastlink.ca

Thanks

Fliehigh

sbrough responded on 13 Jan 2010 11:22 AM

Hi Susan,

Is it still possible to share your document on the pitfalls of the HITB reports.  I am specifically looking for how the report calculates the values that it tries to reconcile with G/L.  Does the report include the FIFO cost layers for each item?  Or, is it Qty on Hand times the Current Cost? Do you address this concern in your document.  Any ideas?

My email is sbrough@cssi.com

Thanks,

S Brough

CSSI

Verónica Hurtado responded on 4 Mar 2010 11:10 AM

Hello,

I know this isn't exactly the topic of the forum, but I'm having troubles with assigning security to users for viewing the report HITB. Can you help me?

So far, I have tried with all security task within Reports/Inventory.

PS: I'm sorry if my grammar it is not good.

Thanks,

Verónica Hurtado

Wanda Dobbins responded on 29 Apr 2010 7:20 AM

Susan:  Our company is also receiving the error message "Open layer exists in purchase receipts table where valuation method not stamped".  How can I get a copy of your document?

Thanks.

Wanda Dobbins