MS Dynamics GP 2010 Visual Studio Addins

Question Status

Verified
Richard Wheeler asked a question on 23 Aug 2012 12:15 PM

Just out of curiosity, how does one control the order in which class libraries are displayed on a GP Additional button screen?  For example, I added 3 menu options to the Payables Batch Entry Window screen. When I click on Additional I cannot determine in which order they are being displayed. I my case two of the menu options are in one dll and then other menu option is in a second dll. They are not in alpabetical order either by name or hotkey.

Verified Answer
Rubal responded on 28 Aug 2012 5:35 PM

Hi Richard,

The order of menu options is based on the name of class libraries. Refer to following blog post

dynamicsgphelp.com/.../visual-studio-tool-order-of-class-librariesdll-initialization-in-dynamics-gp

In case of multiple menu items added in same add-in class library, the order menu items depends on order in which these are added through code.

Regards,

Rubal

Richard Wheeler responded on 28 Aug 2012 7:01 PM

Excellent. Thank you very much. I knew there had to be some reason to this madness!

Verified Answer
Rubal responded on 28 Aug 2012 5:35 PM

Hi Richard,

The order of menu options is based on the name of class libraries. Refer to following blog post

dynamicsgphelp.com/.../visual-studio-tool-order-of-class-librariesdll-initialization-in-dynamics-gp

In case of multiple menu items added in same add-in class library, the order menu items depends on order in which these are added through code.

Regards,

Rubal