Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
Hi all. Our payroll manager showed me something today and is looking for a resolution. She can create a batch of checks to print and print them fine. However, the next thing that's supposed to happen is a bunch of pages for reporting purposes are supposed to print. The first thing that happens is that a window pops up and you have to click OK to move past it. A screenshot of the window has been attached to this post. The next thing that happens is that all of the pages print except the first page, the main page. In order for that page to be printed she has to go back into the reprint journal area and reprint that one page, the main page. I hope that makes sense. Any thoughts on how to fix this?
BTW, this doesn't happen when the batch has direct deposit included with checks. It only happens when it's just printed checks.
This error indicates that there is an error in one of the calculated fields on your posting report. You need to isolate the report that is throwing the error and then go check any calculated fields that were created by the user. You can also run into trouble with your calculated fields if you delete dependent fields from the report.
It looks like your Reprint of the posting journal is working, look at the original posting journal's report definition.
Hi Leslie. Thanks you for the post. I hate to ask for further help, but we are all GP newbies when it comes to something like this. Can you steer me in the right direction on how to isolate the report that's throwing the error?
Hi all. Just for kicks I went into the report in Report Writer. The report I'm having an issue with is a Modified Report. I highlighted the Check Register report (which is the one having issues) and clicked Validate and it said there were no invalid references found. I'm not sure if that's helpful or not in deducing what's wrong. I did go into the report using the Open option to open it and then the Layout button to see into it and simply can't tell what I'm looking for that might cause a problem. I can almost guarantee that no one has made any changes to this report. I can also almost guarantee that this issue only began after upgrading from v10 to v11.
I don't believe that this report upgrades well from v10 to V11, the reason is how it pulls the Employer FICA owed in V11 is different from V10. This is assuming that you have modified this report and security is pointing to the modified report. Can you look in security and see if your user is accessing a modified Check Register? If they are then change the setting to point to the native report and see if it works now. If this does work then you might want to see what was modified on the modified version and determine if you still need the modification.
Hi Terry. Would it be possible for you to give me step by step instructions for how to do what you're asking? How do I go into security and see if the user is accessing a modified check register?
To check the security for your user perform the following:
Navigate to Administration | Setup | System | User Security, this will open the User Security Setup window.
Bring up the user, select a company and check the bottom of the window, make a note of the Alternate/Modified Forms and Reports ID .
Click the field lable to open the Alternate/Modified Forms and Reports window. Complete the window with the following values:
Product: All Products
Open the applicable series's folder, and then expand the report in question. Check to see which version of the report is marked. The screenshot below indicates the modified version of the report is used. Select the other radio button to use the unmodified version of the report.
I hope this helps,
Thank you so much for your help! The issue has been fixed. It was indeed the fact that a modified report was being used. Once I switched it to use the unmodified report it worked properly.
Business Applications communities