Breaking news from around the world
Get the Bing + MSN extension
Now Available in Community - MBAS 2019 Presentation Videos
Catch the most popular sessions on demand and learn how Dynamics 365, Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and Excel are powering major transformations around the globe. | View Gallery
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Early Access Availability
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I am developing an integration between an existing application and Dynamics GP 2013 using eConnect. My application is supposed to create a new vendor with a status of 'temporary' and then create a payable transaction for the newly created vendor. Everything is working perfectly except for setting the vendor status to 'temporary'.
In the taUpdateCreateVendorRcd schema, I am setting the VENDSTTS value to 3 and the UpdateIfExists value to 2. That doesn't work. I also tried making a call specifically to CreateEntity with a PMVendorMasterType to create the vendor, then update the status to 'temporary' during the transaction creation. That doesn't work. I just can't get the status to change from 'active' to 'temporary'.
One other curious thing that I noticed is that the VENDSTTS node does not seem to be included in the result XML that I get back from the call to CreateTransactionEntity.
Has anyone else run across this issue and found a way to get it to work?
When you set VENDSTTS, are you also setting the VENDSTTSSpecified property to true?
I don't know what the historical explanation is, but some eConnect properties have a "Specified" property that you must set to true for them to be serialized. Apparently these are called "Serialization Flags".
The older eConnect help files used to list these fields at the bottom of each schema, but starting with GP 2010, the help no longer lists them, so you just have to know to look for them in Intellisense when assigning the property values.
Let me know if adding the VENDSTTSSpecified = true solves your issue. If not, we can look into other possible causes.
Thanks for the answer Steve. I did have to pay attention to the contents of Intellisense to see that the object does have a VENDSTTSSpecified property. After setting that to true, the property was serialized, and GP was updated appropriately.
Big time saver and something I will definitely keep in mind in the future.
Glad that solved your issue.
I've written a blog post discussing the now-undocumented serialization flags.
Business Applications communities