Hi Readers, I’m back with another blog on Extensions.
Notification has become very import part of our RoleCenters in Dynamics NAV. We get notified by emails or a note if our Job queues fail or some note send from a fellow employee but…… Notification is a System part hence its not visible if you use a web client i.e its a limitation of the web client.
The good news is we can customise it. Yay!
This blog explains how to create Notification part and add to the Role Center using Extensions for NAV 2018.
3. Open Dynamics NAV Development environment, and open Order Processor Role Center in design mode . Delete the System Part My Notifications
4. Open VS Code and edit your launch.json file according to your specifications and download symbols (Ctrl +P)
5. Create a new .al file as below
6. Add the List Part page as part to any desired Role Center.
7. The app.json file and build your code using Ctrl+B and F5 to publish your code.
Your extension is now published. Launch your web client