Customizing Dynamics NAV
Discover different ways to customize the application to give you and your colleagues access to the features, functionality, and data that you need most.
Dynamics 365 2019 release wave 2 plan Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365.Release Plan | Weekly Deployment Notes
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants.Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements.
ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks
Hey! I’m back with my blog series on Workflows. My last blog was on how to create Custom Workflows in Dynamics NAV….This blog is on how to create Custom Workflows in Business Central..the Extension way!
2. Here, I’m creating a custom workflow for the page Jobs. I’ll be creating new field Approval status and a action button Send approval request.Create a folder. Launch VS code and open the folder just created,
3. Click on new file and create a table extension to add new field “Approval Status” to Jobs also create a page extension to add this field to the page.
Here, on action trigger, a call is made to the Integration event.
4. Create a codeunit called IntCodeunit where an Integration event is created and check is made whether workflow is enabled.
5. Create another Codeunit for Event Handing and Response handling of the custom workflow.
Here is the link to download the source code:
6. Click on Ctrl+shift+P to download symbols, To build the package click Ctrl+shift+B and to publish the package click F5.
7. Once published you can view it in Extension Management.
8. To configure the blog from the front end, have a look at this blog from step 6 https://chrisdsilvablog.wordpress.com/2019/02/01/how-to-create-a-custom-approval-workflow-in-dynamics-nav-part-2/
Business Applications communities