Breaking news from around the world
Get the Bing + MSN extension
Now Available in Community - MBAS 2019 Presentation Videos
Catch the most popular sessions on demand and learn how Dynamics 365, Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and Excel are powering major transformations around the globe. | View Gallery
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Early Access Availability
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
In an approval process, approval is sent to a designated person. The person is notified via email also he/she can view the requests in Request to approve page.
But,….there are times the person can forget to approve the request which may lead to delay in processes.
What if I login into Dynamics NAV where I get the count of approvals pending for me to approve? also on a click, if it navigates to Request to approve page where I can view the request, approve or reject it will be an added advantage !
We can accomplish by creating Role center Dashboards or adding cue Pages to existing role Center. Here in the below example I create such a cue Page and add it to CEO and President Role Center.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017
2. Open the Properties of the field PREQ<250, set FieldClass as Flowfields and add the CalcFormula as Approval Code as the workflow code value, status as Open and approval ID is your person designated to approve.
3. Repeat the step 2 for all the fields.
4. Create a Cue Page with group as Cue Group and add your fields under it. This Page is a CardPart Page.
5. Create a function to drill down and open Request to approve page in your table as below:
ApprovalEntry.SETFILTER("Approval Code",'%1','PUR-REQUEST B250');
5. Call this function in your page at Drill down trigger
PREQ<250 - OnValidate()
PREQ<250 - OnLookup(VAR Text : Text) : Boolean
PREQ<250 - OnDrillDown()
6. Add this page to your role Center as a Part.
Click on the Cue tiles, Request to approve page opens
Thanks for Reading!
Business Applications communities