Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2021 Release Wave 1Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned April 2021 through September 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2021 Release Wave 1 Timeline
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
Well, after a lot of time (covid included) here I go again with some ideas and other things.
A long time ago, we installed BC in Colombia, using, you know, a W1 version in disguise pompously called CO.
As you may imagine, there is no Spanish CO extension or translation, so I’ve used the Mexican Spanish extension.
Everything runs fine because the es-MX translation has everything translated. The problem starts when we added a “localization extension” and that extension only comes with the es-ES captions.
When we installed the extension, many tags come in English, we downloaded the es-ES extension to add the language and show again everything in Spanish and we got a strong deception, many tags appear in English, others in Spain Spanish (different from Colombian Spanish or others); but the strangest thing was the “missing options” in the G/L Account Type.
As the whole Navision/NAV/BC world knows, we got some values, in the next order:
The es-ES translation came with a weird translation that “cuts” the standard options and behavior and “block” the Total, Begin-Total and End-Total options among other “peculiarities”.
As an example, the Colombian Unique Chart of Accounts use Total and Posting types and every company in Colombia use a variation of this chart of accounts and with this “cut” if you choose the Heading option, you cannot use the summary field because you get the “if account type is Heading you cannot use the summary field”.
I have looked for a solution, but the answer received, in few words was “fix it by yourself”.
So, I download the last version of BC because I need to look for the xlf file that contains the Spanish Spain translation and looked for the specific field captions and found the next image in blue.
After I get the language installed, I created a new extension to “extend” the language extension in Visual Studio Code and connect my VSCode to the tenant.
Create a Translations folder and put there 1 file, the first file is the g file named as I defined when I think how call this new extension.
Let’s check the app.json file
Some blogs says that you need to declare a dependency to the initial lang extension, but others says that you do not need to do that so, I took the easy way.
Then I create the g file with the next information
Finally, I copied the original definition from the es-ES lang extension and make the required modifications to get a real translation, not the truncated one.
Once I finished the files, compile and published the app in my sandbox, I went to the production environment and added the app importing the app file instead of publishing it to avoid problems with the next upgrade.
Even this is a very straightforward process, I don´t understand why someone want to use a capped translation and remove a functionality in such a crude way.
Business Applications communities