Breaking news from around the world
Get the Bing + MSN extension
Now Available in Community - MBAS 2019 Presentation Videos
Catch the most popular sessions on demand and learn how Dynamics 365, Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and Excel are powering major transformations around the globe. | View Gallery
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Early Access Availability
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
Here I am going to explain in details about Configure the Excel Add-in in Microsoft Dynamics NAV CRM, through which you can set the support for excel add-in so that client can work with excel and dynamics Navision.
I addition user can open a list page in excel from the action page which does not provide data change back to the Microsoft NAV but when you enable this setting the Open in Excel action is replaced by the Edit in Excel action.
Prerequisites for setting up Excel Add-in in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
• Azure Active Directory
• OData enabled and use SSL
• Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web Server components installed and configured to use SSL
• Ensure the Dynamics NAV client support the version of Excel.
1. Navigate to where your Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 setup is located. Double click on setup.
2. Click on Add or remove components.
3. You will see the customize the installation after clicking add or remove components.
4. Open up the ‘Client’ folder by clicking on the ‘+’ to show the following screen.
5. Against Microsoft Office Excel Add-In, select the ‘Run from My Computer’ option from the drop-down list.
6. Click Next and then follow the on-screen instructions as normal to launch the set up process.
7. Once you have installed the Excel add-in, a new Dynamics NAV tab is added to the ribbon in Excel.
8. You can send Microsoft Dynamics NAV data to Excel from List, Worksheet, and List Plus pages. Only data from tables is included when you export data to Excel.
Using the Excel Add-In function
1. Open Customers from the search bar.
2. To send this customer list to Excel, you can use either the Application Menu (highlighted) and then select ‘Print & Send’, followed by ‘Microsoft Excel’ or use the Excel button in the Ribbon if one is displayed.
3. It will open the excel sheet displaying all the customers.
4. Change the location of Customer 01445544 TO Blue.
5. Click on refresh in Excel list. You will see the changes in the Excel list.
Your users can now use the Excel add-in for edit in excel action also They can use the add-in to update data in Dynamics NAV, and get data from the database.
Business Applications communities