Cannot delete an unposted purchase invoice when a previous version of this purchase invoice has already been posted

Question Status

Suggested Answer
WARNAARC asked a question on 13 Jun 2017 6:28 AM

An incoming document of a purchase invoice has already been posted. Accidentally I’ve imported this document as an incoming document twice, posted it once and also created this invoice as a unposted purchase invoice.

When I try to post it, the system gives an error that there is already a posted purchase invoice for this invoice no, which is correct. But when I try to delete this unposted purchase invoice, the system gives this error: Posted should be equal to No in Incoming Document.

So how can I delete this unposted purchase invoice in the end?

Marcell Turi responded on 13 Jun 2017 2:55 PM

Hi Warnaarc,

On your purchase invoice that you are trying to delete click "Remove" on the ribbon in the Incoming Document Section and then try to delete the document.

WARNAARC responded on 17 Jun 2017 3:36 AM

Hi Marcell, you are talking about deleting an incoming document. I've a problem with an unposted purchase invoice (and not with the incoming document).

Please give me a solution for deleting the unposted purchase invoice.

Marcell Turi responded on 17 Jun 2017 4:00 AM

Hi Warnaarc,

You cannot delete the Purchase Invoice because it's linked to an incoming document that was processed already. The Remove action that I suggested will remove the link.

WARNAARC responded on 18 Jun 2017 11:48 PM

Hi Marcell,

This didn't help. Although the incoming document of this unposted purchase invoice has already been deleted, I still cannot delete the unposted purchase invoice. If I try to delete the incoming document of the posted purchase invoice, then the system gives a message that I cannot delete the incoming document because this is already posted.

ramesh reddy responded on 19 Jun 2017 12:03 AM

Hi WARNAARC,

May be your unposted and posted invoices number series same so you can manually change your unposted purchase invoice Number then try to delete.

Thank You

Ramesh

WARNAARC responded on 19 Jun 2017 11:51 PM

Hi Ramesh,

My number series of the unposted and posted purchase invoices are already different.

KR

Cees

Tatiana Pupko responded on 20 Jun 2017 11:16 AM

Hi Warnaarc,

It seems like you have error message related to check Vendor Invoice No. in Purchase Invoice. As variant you can change Vendor Invoice No. in second invoice, add "."

Tatiana

WARNAARC responded on 25 Jun 2017 10:15 PM

Hi Tatiana,

This still doesn't work. Although I changed the vendor invoice no, the system still gives an error 'Posted should be no.

KR

Cees

Tatiana Pupko responded on 26 Jun 2017 2:46 AM

Hi,

It might be in your current invoice have posted invoice number in header,

Please check field in Purchase invoice header - Posting no. , do you have any values there?

Please check serial number for Posted Purchase Invoices - Manual nos is false or true?

Tatiana

WARNAARC responded on 27 Jun 2017 11:40 PM

Manual nos is false

Tatiana Pupko responded on 28 Jun 2017 10:43 AM

Hi Warnaarc,

In Purchase inoivce you can have Posting no, which is different than Last Posting number +1 form serial number for posted invoices.

Please try to change in Purchase header table field Posting no. for Last Posting number +1 from Posted invoice serial number.

Tatiana

WARNAARC responded on 29 Jun 2017 11:25 PM

I've tried this and this doesn't make any difference.

KR

Cees

Tatiana Pupko responded on 30 Jun 2017 5:07 AM

Hi Warnaarc,

Please try to use parameter for Posted Invoice serial numebr - Manual nos is true

WARNAARC responded on 2 Jul 2017 11:59 PM

I've tried this already and this didn't help.

KR

Cees

Suggested Answer
Mahendra Pindolia responded on 22 Aug 2017 11:24 PM

Hi Ramesh,

I have same issue in Nav 2015. It was working fine earlier to delete unposted invoice. But note it give me error message "The Purch. Inv. header already exist. Identification and fields and values:No=inv+1"

Please advise what could be the reason

Suggested Answer
Mahendra Pindolia responded on 22 Aug 2017 11:24 PM

Hi Ramesh,

I have same issue in Nav 2015. It was working fine earlier to delete unposted invoice. But note it give me error message "The Purch. Inv. header already exist. Identification and fields and values:No=inv+1"

Please advise what could be the reason

Suggested Answer
Zaid Tariq responded on 2 Nov 2017 9:18 AM

Hi,

The reason is, you might have an Invoice already posted (may be partially) and you are trying to delete the related unposted invoice. If you want to delete the unposted invoice, first delete the posted one and then this. Let me know if you need more help. Thanks

Suggested Answer
Zaid Tariq responded on 2 Nov 2017 9:19 AM

Can you share the error you are getting?