Display of different inventory location for NAV

Question Status

Verified
Rikobo asked a question on 18 Jun 2017 11:36 PM

Hi All,

We are a small company that have recently implemented the NAV ERP system and went live for about 6 months. However during this time we found out that there are some issues, in which the company doing our NAV implementation is not able to resolve.

Currently our inventory is located in 2 location, however during item search and individual item card, the inventory quantity is added up to a single line. This have created much problems for our sales staff for our daily operation. We have requested from our NAV consulting company to split the the inventory count line to display 2 location, but they have informed us that this is not possible.

Like to check if there are any creative solutions to our issues. Attached is the screen shot for better illustration.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Suggested Answer
ramesh reddy responded on 18 Jun 2017 11:58 PM

Hi Rikobo,

you have to create location wise quantity fields like below

for this above fields you need to declare a flowfields.

Thank You

Ramesh

Verified Answer
Hasitha Jayasuriya responded on 19 Jun 2017 12:05 AM

Hi Rikobo,

have you tried using the "Inventory by Location" Report ?

Regards,

Hasitha Jayasuriya

If my response answered your question, please take a minute to verify the answer as it would help other forum members

Verified Answer
Tatiana Pupko responded on 19 Jun 2017 8:00 AM

Hi Rikobo,

I agree with Hasitha Jayasuriya,

It is better to use standard report for analysis - Items by Location

Tatiana

Rikobo responded on 19 Jun 2017 8:14 PM

Thanks for all the reply!

Is there any way to display the information shown in the matrix to also reflect in item search with individual column while we are doing the our sales order?

Our developer is not very helpful as they simply told us this is not possible, without proposing any alternative. So right now i am not sure is they are lazy to help or simply a constrain of the system capability.

Thanks again!

Suggested Answer
Nikolay Vityuk responded on 20 Jun 2017 1:59 AM

Hello!

Yes. it's definitly possible. But it's not recommended desicion. (Imagine that you will want to have 100 locations in the future...) So I think your developer say to you that it not possible. 

Suggested Answer
Robertas R responded on 20 Jun 2017 4:01 AM

Hi Rikobo,

I would encourage you to use standard system, rather than changing it, as the changes might turn out to be not future proof.

I think there are 2 main scenarios when you want to see the available stock. If you just want to check the stock availability, you could use Items By Location matrix, and you can advice customers, or plan purchases.

If you are entering the sales order and want to check the stock availability in the Location at that point, you could use the Fact Box "Sales Line Details", that shows "Item Availability" and "Available Inventory" for the selected location, after you enter item and location on the sales line.

I understand this might be different from what you used to have, and there will be a learning curve, or slight change of the process, but definitely worth taking for the future benefits.

Robertas

Suggested Answer
Paul Simpson responded on 20 Jun 2017 6:20 AM

Hi

You can use NAV's Limit Totals To filters (CTRL+SHIFT+F3) on both the Item Card and the Item List.

E.g. in CRONUS

That lets you see items which have some inventory, though it may already be on a sales demand, etc., of course.

On a card, filtered to just GREEN Location:

(FlowFields for Inventory and also Qty. on Purch. Order, Qty on Sales Order, etc., all now filtered to just GREEN location).

Having more than one Inventory Field visible on the card is certainly possible but you should refrain from hard-coding any particular Location into a filtered field as that does go against NAV design principles and makes it harder to be future-proofed.

Suggested Answer
louisdynamics responded on 20 Jun 2017 8:53 AM

Hi Rikobo

If you have read all the above and assume the risk described yo can do it.

Verified Answer
Hasitha Jayasuriya responded on 19 Jun 2017 12:05 AM

Hi Rikobo,

have you tried using the "Inventory by Location" Report ?

Regards,

Hasitha Jayasuriya

If my response answered your question, please take a minute to verify the answer as it would help other forum members

Verified Answer
Tatiana Pupko responded on 19 Jun 2017 8:00 AM

Hi Rikobo,

I agree with Hasitha Jayasuriya,

It is better to use standard report for analysis - Items by Location

Tatiana

Suggested Answer
ramesh reddy responded on 18 Jun 2017 11:58 PM

Hi Rikobo,

you have to create location wise quantity fields like below

for this above fields you need to declare a flowfields.

Thank You

Ramesh

Suggested Answer
Nikolay Vityuk responded on 20 Jun 2017 1:59 AM

Hello!

Yes. it's definitly possible. But it's not recommended desicion. (Imagine that you will want to have 100 locations in the future...) So I think your developer say to you that it not possible. 

Suggested Answer
Robertas R responded on 20 Jun 2017 4:01 AM

Hi Rikobo,

I would encourage you to use standard system, rather than changing it, as the changes might turn out to be not future proof.

I think there are 2 main scenarios when you want to see the available stock. If you just want to check the stock availability, you could use Items By Location matrix, and you can advice customers, or plan purchases.

If you are entering the sales order and want to check the stock availability in the Location at that point, you could use the Fact Box "Sales Line Details", that shows "Item Availability" and "Available Inventory" for the selected location, after you enter item and location on the sales line.

I understand this might be different from what you used to have, and there will be a learning curve, or slight change of the process, but definitely worth taking for the future benefits.

Robertas

Suggested Answer
Paul Simpson responded on 20 Jun 2017 6:20 AM

Hi

You can use NAV's Limit Totals To filters (CTRL+SHIFT+F3) on both the Item Card and the Item List.

E.g. in CRONUS

That lets you see items which have some inventory, though it may already be on a sales demand, etc., of course.

On a card, filtered to just GREEN Location:

(FlowFields for Inventory and also Qty. on Purch. Order, Qty on Sales Order, etc., all now filtered to just GREEN location).

Having more than one Inventory Field visible on the card is certainly possible but you should refrain from hard-coding any particular Location into a filtered field as that does go against NAV design principles and makes it harder to be future-proofed.

Suggested Answer
louisdynamics responded on 20 Jun 2017 8:53 AM

Hi Rikobo

If you have read all the above and assume the risk described yo can do it.