Need report for Item attributes

Question Status

Suggested Answer
Stephen Weber asked a question on 19 Jun 2017 11:14 AM

I setup item attributes and associated them with an item category. I then associated the category with an item. All works as expected. Now I would like to create a report to print each item number and the specific attributes. What is the best method to report on item attributes?

Thank you,

Steve 

Suggested Answer
Dmitry Katson responded on 19 Jun 2017 1:32 PM

as 1 item can have many attributes so this should be custom report. But it can be created in list view , where all possible attributes are columns, as normal columns.

Suggested Answer
Tatiana Pupko responded on 23 Jun 2017 7:36 AM

Hi Stephen,

You can create report using table 7505 Item Attribute Value Mapping  where you can find attributes for items.

Tatiana

Suggested Answer
Suresh Kulla responded on 23 Jun 2017 9:06 PM

Stephen,

You need to create report with Item as main data item and then link it to the Item Attribute table using item category. Are you looking for an example or the steps to create ?

Tina Menezes responded on 24 Jun 2017 1:12 AM

Hi Stephen,

You need to create a report with two data items i.e. your Item table and the Item category table and create a link between the two tables with the unique field between them in the properties or using C/AL code. You will then get all the items in the report along with their corresponding item attributes.

Manish Sharma responded on 24 Jun 2017 6:06 AM

You can develop a report or a matrix page to display the attributes based on item master.

Suggested Answer
Dmitry Katson responded on 19 Jun 2017 1:32 PM

as 1 item can have many attributes so this should be custom report. But it can be created in list view , where all possible attributes are columns, as normal columns.

Suggested Answer
Tatiana Pupko responded on 23 Jun 2017 7:36 AM

Hi Stephen,

You can create report using table 7505 Item Attribute Value Mapping  where you can find attributes for items.

Tatiana

Suggested Answer
Suresh Kulla responded on 23 Jun 2017 9:06 PM

Stephen,

You need to create report with Item as main data item and then link it to the Item Attribute table using item category. Are you looking for an example or the steps to create ?