FIXED ASSETS DEPRECIATION RE-RUN

Question Status

Suggested Answer
Habib Bou Rouphael asked a question on 26 Sep 2017 7:42 AM

Hi,

Please, how can I run a depreciation calculation for a fixed asset that has been added after an already calculated period?

the depreciation starting date of the new fixed asset is within the already calculated period.

thanks in advance.

HBR

Suggested Answer
Tamás Házi responded on 11 Oct 2017 4:23 PM

Hi Habib,

maybe I dont understand well your problem, but  the Calculate depreciation job has to handle this situation.

If u already run it for example for september. Then you created a new asset and posted the value of the asset at 4 of sept. Then if you run the Calculate depreciation job it has to calculate the depriciation for only this one asset from 4 of sept. For me it works fine.

All the best

Tmi

Manish Sharma responded on 13 Oct 2017 12:07 AM

Post the FA in the month from where you want to calculate depreciation, set the FA card Deprecation starting date. Run the calculate deprecation report and check the values in FA G/L Journal.

Suggested Answer
Tamás Házi responded on 11 Oct 2017 4:23 PM

Hi Habib,

maybe I dont understand well your problem, but  the Calculate depreciation job has to handle this situation.

If u already run it for example for september. Then you created a new asset and posted the value of the asset at 4 of sept. Then if you run the Calculate depreciation job it has to calculate the depriciation for only this one asset from 4 of sept. For me it works fine.

All the best

Tmi