Sales Invoice post and Prices Including VAT

Question Status

Unanswered
Tamás Házi asked a question on 11 Oct 2017 4:13 PM

Hi Dears,

I've just started to get know dynamics nav 2015 (we are in an upgrade project from 4.0). I realized that I can not post a sales invoice while the Prices Including VAT field in the header is yes, because I am getting the error message:

Prices Including VAT must be equal to 'No' in Sales Header: Document Type=Invoice, No.=VI00032. Current value is 'Yes'.

Is it serious? :) Is it a way to enable the posting with Prices Including VAT yes? I've searched for the net on this issue, but I didn't find it.

Thanks for any help

Tmi

Zaid Tariq responded on 11 Oct 2017 8:05 PM

Hi,

Make sure the VAT posting group is setup currently.
Reference: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh175371(v=nav.90).aspx

Thanks

Tamás Házi responded on 12 Oct 2017 3:49 AM

Hi,

thanks. its ok I guess. It is how it was setup in our present system (4.0) and the vat posting works fine. I couldn't find a setup according to this error. I guess it is connected somehow to the hungarian localization, because nobody writes about it.

Zaid Tariq responded on 12 Oct 2017 6:19 AM

This error also occurs due to missing VAT posting group at sales line. Please verify it too. Thanks

Tamás Házi responded on 12 Oct 2017 6:42 AM

Hi, yes there is vat prod and bus posting groups in line. And If i set the prices inc vat to no, i can post the invoice and the vat posting is ok.

Suresh Kulla responded on 12 Oct 2017 9:55 AM

Check if Tax Area Code has value on the header, if so it is trying to calculate the tax and if you have tax area code the prices including VAT should be set to FALSE.

Tamás Házi responded on 12 Oct 2017 7:26 PM

Thanks, I checked it, tax area code field is empty in the header