Question Status

Suggested Answer
A. Saf asked a question on 12 Oct 2017 1:40 AM

I have a company which is live, up and running with posted transactions. I have to change the company name since it was changed "legally".

Is it safe to change the name from the companies form, which will change the SQL objects name accordingly ?

Thanks in Advance,

Suggested Answer
Zaid Tariq responded on 12 Oct 2017 1:51 AM

Hi,

Yes this is absolutely safe to change the company name from the Companies. Objects in SQL will automatically be renamed.

Thanks

Suggested Answer
Mohana Yadav responded on 12 Oct 2017 7:29 AM

yes, if you want to be sure then copy the existing company with new name and see..

Suggested Answer
Brad_P responded on 12 Oct 2017 7:57 AM

You can safely rename the company from within the application.

msdn.microsoft.com/.../hh168729(v=nav.90).aspx

Suggested Answer
Suresh Kulla responded on 12 Oct 2017 9:58 AM

Please check the below link for how to rename company and it is safe to do but couple of things to remember, if you have any customization which hard coded the company name then you need to change those instances and I also recommend doing this first on your test database and make sure everything is OK before you perform the steps on PROD.

Manish Sharma responded on 13 Oct 2017 12:03 AM

You can copy companies from old and create a new one.

Rather then renaming copy would be the solution, this will make sure that if any thing is required from old company you have the copy of the same in the database.

Claudiu responded on 13 Oct 2017 4:03 AM

Modify company name from NAV.

I don't advise to modify in SQL directly.

Suggested Answer
Zaid Tariq responded on 12 Oct 2017 1:51 AM

Hi,

Yes this is absolutely safe to change the company name from the Companies. Objects in SQL will automatically be renamed.

Thanks

Suggested Answer
Mohana Yadav responded on 12 Oct 2017 7:29 AM

yes, if you want to be sure then copy the existing company with new name and see..

Suggested Answer
Brad_P responded on 12 Oct 2017 7:57 AM

You can safely rename the company from within the application.

Suggested Answer
Suresh Kulla responded on 12 Oct 2017 9:58 AM

Please check the below link for how to rename company and it is safe to do but couple of things to remember, if you have any customization which hard coded the company name then you need to change those instances and I also recommend doing this first on your test database and make sure everything is OK before you perform the steps on PROD.