SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Microsoft NAV 2017 only working with "http://localhost"

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

Dashi asked a question on 20 Oct 2017 1:52 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

hi !

I'm facing an issue with microsoft nav 2017 installed in 3/3 .

settings: 

all 3 servers in the same domain, 

delegation in ad done; 

Nav server runnin on a  windows 2016 server

Sql 2014 running on a windows 2012 r2 server

and iis on another windows 2012 r2 server 

Tee install seems to be ok,(installation done following this : https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics-nav/walkthrough--installing-the-microsoft-dynamics-nav-web-server-components-on-three-computers

but i can only reach the webservices from the iis server and only using localhost as adress. 

it's Not working with the ip of the server, nor with the dns names...
the instance is working from the nav server,
database is accessible
and iis is binded to the network card and the dns name ...
If someone have an idea of what is going on , I will be extremely grateful !
many thanks!

Zaid Tariq responded on 20 Oct 2017 5:11 AM
My Badges

Hi,

I had also faced this issue but solved it by enabling Anonymous Authentication at IIS. I was accessing the webservice from my external application and also was using default credentials. So i created a new user at IIS and used the credentials of that user to access my NAV webservice/webclient.

Dashi responded on 20 Oct 2017 7:30 AM

Ok I give a try ;)

Dashi responded on 20 Oct 2017 8:35 AM

no way to deal with it .

it's really only working from the webserver  and Only witt Internet explorer ....

If any of you has another idea  i'll take it ; )

Mouli kaku responded on 27 Oct 2017 11:03 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Did you check fallowing things

1. Firewall
  2. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh167207(v=nav.90).aspx
  3. did u try by changing Dynamics NAV server Authentication type from Windows to User viceversa
  4. are you getting any error in your eventlog when you try to access webservices from outside network?
  5. is ur IIS is installed with all related tools

Dashi responded on 30 Oct 2017 10:27 AM

HI  thanks for your answer: 

1. Firewall pemitted then disabled
  2. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh167207(v=nav.90).aspx done :) 
  3. did u try by changing Dynamics NAV server Authentication type from Windows to User viceversa done ;) 
  4. are you getting any error in your eventlog when you try to access webservices from outside network? :) yes i got a deny and the  a message from nav saying that i'm disconnected now...
  5. is ur IIS is installed with all related tools yes it is. 

For now i'm only able to connect from the iis with the dns name of the webclient server.

Not able to connect from any other computer in my network or  outside nework. 

I can always log-in, but then nothing. 

I've captured all packet in the webclient server with wireshark, no probs wuth the authentication, but it seems to be a problem  after the negotiation from webclient=> sql=>navserver.... 

this is crazy, a website only working in localhost i've never seen that before ;) 

Suggested Answer

Hello dashi,

Visit below link and search your issue.

Troubleshooting the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 Web Client Installation and all.

Also Open the Hosts file from C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts and map localhost with your IP.

Dashi responded on 30 Oct 2017 11:40 AM

Hi many thanks,

my issue is this : msdn.microsoft.com/.../troubleshooting--a-server-error-occurred-and-the-content-cannot-be-displayed

All that it's suggested has been done ..

Localhost is already  mapped with my ip in the hosts file .

the client works on the 3 servers, but the web only in the one who has IIS installed ...

thanks again.

mark answer is verified if your problem is solved.

Dashi responded on 31 Oct 2017 4:11 AM

not solved, even using all microsofts kb's

thomaslp76 responded on 21 Jan 2018 11:03 AM

Did you ever manage to solve this issue? I am facing the exact samt problem. Been searching for a solotion all weekend and I havent come closer to a solution.

Franz Kalchmair responded on 21 Jan 2018 11:40 AM
Suggested Answer

check if the the nav service account has appropriate permissions.

check spn settings.

if nothing helps, remove all installations and reinstall everything.

also check if the windows servers can reach each other via ip and dns.

thomaslp76 responded on 21 Jan 2018 12:44 PM

I have followed the walkthrough from MS

docs.microsoft.com/.../walkthrough--installing-the-microsoft-dynamics-nav-web-server-components-on-three-computers

I have checked it 3 times.

I did a complete reinstall

Servers can communicate via ip and dns

Windows client works fine from all devices

Web client works from the nav web service server using localhost in the addres. Using ip or dns does not work.

Franz Kalchmair responded on 21 Jan 2018 1:27 PM

what in detail are the error messages in the eventlogs of the servers when you try to connect from web client to the nav service? does the connection work correctly when connecting via windows client. ? when you publish a page in the nav web service section and trying to run the soap link, does that work in the client browser, can you connect this soap link from a client pc ?

thomaslp76 responded on 21 Jan 2018 1:46 PM

When I connect I see the "Microsoft Dynamics NAV" "splash screen" in the browser. After a while I get the error "Sorry, that didn't work". If I look in the eventlog of the webserver I get the below entry.

Fejl under adgang til webstedet

Raw URL:

URL:

Type: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.NavServerNotFoundException

Message: Der blev ikke fundet en server på "net.tcp://nav01.mydomain.local:7046/DynamicsNAV110/Service". Enten er URL-adressen forkert, eller serveren er ikke tilgængelig i øjeblikket.

StackTrace:

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ConnectionEstablisher.ConfirmOpenConnectionRetry(ConnectFailedEventArgs connectFailedArgs, Exception exception) in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Shared\Prod.Client.ServiceConnection\ConnectionEstablisher.cs:line 658

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ConnectionEstablisher.OpenConnection[TChannel](ConnectFailedEventArgs connectFailedArgs, ConnectionRequest connectionRequest, ConnectionOptions connectionOptions, SpnSetting spnSettingToTry, Boolean allowSpnSettingsSwap, UserSettings& userSettings) in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Shared\Prod.Client.ServiceConnection\ConnectionEstablisher.cs:line 477

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ConnectionEstablisher.OpenConnection[TChannel](ConnectionRequest connectionRequest, ConnectionOptions connectionOptions, UserSettings& userSettings) in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Shared\Prod.Client.ServiceConnection\ConnectionEstablisher.cs:line 216

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnection.OpenConnection() in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Shared\Prod.Client.ServiceConnection\ServiceConnection.cs:line 892

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnection.Initialize() in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Shared\Prod.Client.ServiceConnection\ServiceConnection.cs:line 561

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.FormBuilder.BuilderSessionInitializer.OpenConnectionToServer() in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Shared\Prod.Client.Builder\BuilderSession\BuilderSessionInitializer.cs:line 195

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.FormBuilder.BuilderSessionInitializer.InitializeCore() in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Shared\Prod.Client.Builder\BuilderSession\BuilderSessionInitializer.cs:line 92

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.FormBuilder.BuilderSessionInitializer.Initialize() in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Shared\Prod.Client.Builder\BuilderSession\BuilderSessionInitializer.cs:line 76

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.UISession.Initialize() in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Shared\Prod.ClientFwk\Session\UiSession.cs:line 1073

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.Web.NavWebUISessionInitializer.InitializeCore(UISession session) in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Web\Prod.Client.WebCommon\Session\NavWebUISessionInitializer.cs:line 104

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.WebClient.NavWebClientUISessionInitializer.InitializeCore(UISession session) in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Web\Prod.Client.WebClient\Session\NavWebClientUISessionInitializer.cs:line 54

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.Web.NavWebUISessionInitializer.Initialize(UISession session) in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Web\Prod.Client.WebCommon\Session\NavWebUISessionInitializer.cs:line 77

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Client.OpenFormExecutionStrategy.TryInitializeUiSession(UISession session) in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Shared\Prod.ClientFwk\Client\Interactions\ExecutionStrategies\OpenFormExecutionStrategy.cs:line 67

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Web.WebOpenFormExecutionStrategy.TryInitializeUiSession(UISession session) in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Web\Prod.Client.Web\Interactions\ExecutionStrategies\WebOpenFormExecutionStrategy.cs:line 61

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Client.OpenFormExecutionStrategy.Execute() in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Shared\Prod.ClientFwk\Client\Interactions\ExecutionStrategies\OpenFormExecutionStrategy.cs:line 41

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.InteractionManager.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<InvokeInteractions>b__3() in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Shared\Prod.ClientFwk\Interactions\InteractionManager.cs:line 125

Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnection

The Danish part says that the server was not found or the server was not accessible.

Could this be related to the configuration of the SMSvcHost.exe.config. I have set the below value which is the SID of the user that the nav server runs under:

<allowAccounts>

// LocalSystem account

<add securityIdentifier="S-1-5-18"/>

// LocalService account

<add securityIdentifier="S-1-5-19"/>

// Administrators account

<add securityIdentifier="S-1-5-20"/>

// Network Service account

<add securityIdentifier="S-1-5-32-544" />

// IIS_IUSRS account (Vista only)

<add securityIdentifier="S-1-5-32-568"/>

//Nav server service account

<add securityIdentifier="S-1-5-21-1680560003-4003721900-2092599451-1158"/>

</allowAccounts>

Can you confirm that this is correct? I changed this on the webserver, nav server and the SQL server both for x86 and x64 .net because the documentation is a bit unclear about on which server this info should be changed. Can you enlighten me?

"I am a simple system administrator. I do not understand what you mean here:

when you publish a page in the nav web service section and trying to run the soap link, does that work in the client browser, can you connect this soap link from a client pc ?"

The Windows client works from all client devices.

Moiz Ahmed Sulaiman responded on 17 Apr 2018 12:47 AM
Suggested Answer

Hi there,

I also faced the same issue and I also followed microsoft's document to setup the web client on another server but was still unsuccessful with it.

In my case I was able to access the SQL database from the web server. So I installed the administration tools and created a Nav service on the Web server and used it to achieve the required result.

Mouli kaku responded on 27 Oct 2017 11:03 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

1. Firewall
  2. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh167207(v=nav.90).aspx
  3. did u try by changing Dynamics NAV server Authentication type from Windows to User viceversa
  4. are you getting any error in your eventlog when you try to access webservices from outside network?
  5. is ur IIS is installed with all related tools

Suggested Answer

Hello dashi,

Visit below link and search your issue.

Troubleshooting the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 Web Client Installation and all.

Also Open the Hosts file from C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts and map localhost with your IP.

Franz Kalchmair responded on 21 Jan 2018 11:40 AM
Suggested Answer

check if the the nav service account has appropriate permissions.

check spn settings.

if nothing helps, remove all installations and reinstall everything.

also check if the windows servers can reach each other via ip and dns.

Moiz Ahmed Sulaiman responded on 17 Apr 2018 12:47 AM
Suggested Answer

Hi there,

I also faced the same issue and I also followed microsoft's document to setup the web client on another server but was still unsuccessful with it.

In my case I was able to access the SQL database from the web server. So I installed the administration tools and created a Nav service on the Web server and used it to achieve the required result.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS