Nav2017 Sales Credit Memo Shipping FastTab

Question Status

Verified
Robyn Hawthorne asked a question on 5 Dec 2017 2:36 PM

When did the Shipping FastTab get removed from the Sales Credit Memo? It is in Nav2013, but not in 2017?
Any idea why it was removed?

Thanks in advance.

Suresh Kulla responded on 5 Dec 2017 2:48 PM

No the shipping fasttab is not removed, maybe it is hidden for you. Customize the page and you will have the ability to add it back.

msdn.microsoft.com/.../hh179476(v=nav.71).aspx

Robyn Hawthorne responded on 5 Dec 2017 3:00 PM

No, it's actually not in the page coding at all. 

Suggested Answer
Suresh Kulla responded on 5 Dec 2017 3:02 PM

What version do you have i have version 2013 ('48618) and i can see the shipping fast tab. Is that page has modified flag or any add-on tag in the version ?

Robyn Hawthorne responded on 5 Dec 2017 3:05 PM

I have 2017. The shipping tab is in 2013.

The Shipping Fasttab is not in 2017.

Suggested Answer
Suresh Kulla responded on 5 Dec 2017 3:17 PM

Oh sorry thought you missing in 2013, yes it is not in NAV 2017. Not sure why?

Verified Answer
Robertas Rackauskas responded on 6 Dec 2017 2:14 AM

Hi Robyn,

My best guess would be that NAV encourages using Sales Return Orders for managing stock return.

Robertas

Robyn Hawthorne responded on 6 Dec 2017 10:43 AM

You probably have a point there. I don't know that we will start using SRO's though. I think it may just add more complexity than we need.

Also, interestingly, when we correct a sales invoice, the shipping information does not show up on the automatically created Credit Memo. We delivery concrete and the ship to information is critical for the customer if they have multiple projects and we have had to rebill for various reasons. It wouldn't be an issue when we correct an invoice prior to it being sent, but even then, we like to have that information in for continuity.

Robertas Rackauskas responded on 6 Dec 2017 1:19 PM

Based on what you've said I think you should at least consider SROs. When you create return order based on the posted sales shipment (NOT invoice) using Copy Document, that will bring the original Location Code and at the end of the process you'll have proper receipt with correct addresses and related credit.

I understand it brings more complexity - so your decision should be whether you accept losing some data, or introduce more complexity. Or do development :)

Robertas

Robyn Hawthorne responded on 6 Dec 2017 1:58 PM

The problem is that we use a custom Sales Order Module that imports data from our batch plant and so we don't use the Sales Orders or create shipments. So there are no posted shipments to pull from.

We also don't use location codes - so I'm admittedly unaware how they relate to a ship to address location. My experience with them has been to designate where our inventory is shipping from.

We use the customer ship to addresses; however, because some jobs may only get one or two deliveries, we don't use ship to address codes for all of them. We get addresses imported from the plant and some will be attached to a ship to code and some won't.

I find it odd that the ship to address codes are used in the invoice, but not in the credit memo or the return sales orders. Perhaps because the inventory is being shipped back to (ideally) a location code? But it would still be nice to see where your customer returned the item from.

I currently modified the credit memo so that our A/R can manually enter the ship to address information in. Although Copy Document doesn't bring over that information even though the fields are all available in the table.

Verified Answer
Robertas Rackauskas responded on 6 Dec 2017 2:24 PM

Ah, that explains it and sadly, you're a bit snookered. You're right in saying that location code has to do with your location (that what I thought you're after in the first place, sorry) but that is what Ship-to address on Sales Cr.Memo was normally used for and not where it comes from.

Of course, you can always add those fields onto Sales Cr.Memo page, as it still exist in the table. So it would be rather cosmetic change than actual change of functionality, so easy to do and manage.

Robertas

Robyn Hawthorne responded on 6 Dec 2017 2:44 PM

Thank you for your help. We just upgraded to Nav2017 from Nav5 (we waited a long time because of our customization) and we missed noticing a few things that our A/R is now catching.

Verified Answer
Robertas Rackauskas responded on 6 Dec 2017 2:14 AM

Hi Robyn,

My best guess would be that NAV encourages using Sales Return Orders for managing stock return.

Robertas

Verified Answer
Robertas Rackauskas responded on 6 Dec 2017 2:24 PM

Ah, that explains it and sadly, you're a bit snookered. You're right in saying that location code has to do with your location (that what I thought you're after in the first place, sorry) but that is what Ship-to address on Sales Cr.Memo was normally used for and not where it comes from.

Of course, you can always add those fields onto Sales Cr.Memo page, as it still exist in the table. So it would be rather cosmetic change than actual change of functionality, so easy to do and manage.

Robertas

Suggested Answer
Suresh Kulla responded on 5 Dec 2017 3:02 PM

What version do you have i have version 2013 ('48618) and i can see the shipping fast tab. Is that page has modified flag or any add-on tag in the version ?

Suggested Answer
Suresh Kulla responded on 5 Dec 2017 3:17 PM

Oh sorry thought you missing in 2013, yes it is not in NAV 2017. Not sure why?