Share a table with other company in NAV 2017

Question Status

Suggested Answer
anandb313@gmail.com asked a question on 7 Dec 2017 1:46 AM

How to share a table to other company. I have seen that 'data per company' property makes problem in some blogs. So is there any method for this? Thanks in advance

Suggested Answer
Mohana Yadav responded on 7 Dec 2017 2:03 AM

what table is it?

master data or setup or ledger etc?

anandb313@gmail.com responded on 7 Dec 2017 2:05 AM

The records in the table should be shared. Customer table

Suggested Answer
Robertas Rackauskas responded on 7 Dec 2017 6:59 AM

I have seen a couple of projects where Customer table was shared and it worked ok. Though it's never a straight-forward decision, as you impose some certain limitations for companies (for example, forcing to have the same or no default Location Code, Salesperson Code, Discount Groups, Shipment Method and Shipping Time etc.).

Also think about related data, for example Customer Ship-to Addresses or Dimensions.

If you work out all of that, technically making Customer table shared shouldn't be a problem.

Robertas

Suggested Answer
Mohana Yadav responded on 7 Dec 2017 2:03 AM

what table is it?

master data or setup or ledger etc?

Suggested Answer
Robertas Rackauskas responded on 7 Dec 2017 6:59 AM

I have seen a couple of projects where Customer table was shared and it worked ok. Though it's never a straight-forward decision, as you impose some certain limitations for companies (for example, forcing to have the same or no default Location Code, Salesperson Code, Discount Groups, Shipment Method and Shipping Time etc.).

Also think about related data, for example Customer Ship-to Addresses or Dimensions.

If you work out all of that, technically making Customer table shared shouldn't be a problem.

Robertas