Is Partial Reservation Possible?

Question Status

Verified
John Welch asked a question on 7 Dec 2017 6:21 AM

Is it possible to reserve part of the inventory for an item to part-ship to a customer? Let's say I want to reserve only 1 of the parts from the order below and not the full 2 as I want to use the remaining inventory for other customers. When going into the sales order and then through Lines->Functions->Reserve, I can only reserve the full quantity. The quantity to reserve box doesn't allow the figure to be edited.

Thanks

John

Verified Answer
Mohana Yadav responded on 7 Dec 2017 6:37 AM

May be you have to split line into 2 in sales line for this

Verified Answer
Robertas Rackauskas responded on 7 Dec 2017 7:07 AM

Hi John,

there is a way, even though might seem a bit confusing at first. When reserving item, click to 'Reserve From Current Line'. System does reserve the full quantity. Then from the same page click 'Reservation Entries' - system opens reservation details - and amend 'Quantity (Base)' to the quantity you actually want to reserve. Click OK and you're there.

Hope that helps.

Robertas

John Welch responded on 7 Dec 2017 8:02 AM

Thanks for that. I thought there must be a way but couldn't quite find it

Verified Answer
Mohana Yadav responded on 7 Dec 2017 6:37 AM

May be you have to split line into 2 in sales line for this

Verified Answer
Robertas Rackauskas responded on 7 Dec 2017 7:07 AM

Hi John,

there is a way, even though might seem a bit confusing at first. When reserving item, click to 'Reserve From Current Line'. System does reserve the full quantity. Then from the same page click 'Reservation Entries' - system opens reservation details - and amend 'Quantity (Base)' to the quantity you actually want to reserve. Click OK and you're there.

Hope that helps.

Robertas