UAE VAT in Dynamics NAV 2016

Question Status

Verified
NKR asked a question on 14 Dec 2017 2:51 AM

Hello,

In UAE, VAT is going to be effective early next year.

There is already an in-built VAT feature with the W1 version, however, is Microsoft going to release a localized version for the same ?

Thanks in advance.

Verified Answer
Ahmed M. Rafik responded on 14 Dec 2017 6:03 PM

Hello,

Regarding the Localization Versions, Microsoft mentionon Customer Source that they are planning to released localization for any designated country by version.

You can find from the link below:

mbs.microsoft.com/.../GFMLocalizationPortalMC_nav

You can also refer to this link to know more about the future of Localization:

community.dynamics.com/.../future-of-russian-localization-with-dynamics-365-39-tenerife-39

Please verify the answer if it satisfy your question. Doing so you'll help the community to identify the valid answers.

Verified Answer
Alexander Ermakov responded on 15 Dec 2017 2:59 PM

In W1 version there is a certain set of options to work with VAT, and the rates of VAT and its behavior is a matter of setup.

However there is no localization version specifically for UAE (and I guess will be no in near future). Be prepared that there might be such processes of VAT treatment, required by UAE legislation, that are not covered by standard setup in W1.

Unfortunately I'm not aware of the details of upcoming legal change in UAE, thus cannot comment on how and to what extent W1 will be able to cover UAE VAT legislation requirements - however certain functionality certainly exists, and you can try with that one first.

Verified Answer
Robertas Rackauskas responded on 16 Dec 2017 3:34 AM

Hi,

as Alexander said, there isn't a localization specifically for UAE. As far as I know, standard W1 would suffice to manage upcoming VAT legislation.

Robertas

Verified Answer
Ahmed M. Rafik responded on 14 Dec 2017 6:03 PM

Hello,

Regarding the Localization Versions, Microsoft mentionon Customer Source that they are planning to released localization for any designated country by version.

You can find from the link below:

mbs.microsoft.com/.../GFMLocalizationPortalMC_nav

You can also refer to this link to know more about the future of Localization:

community.dynamics.com/.../future-of-russian-localization-with-dynamics-365-39-tenerife-39

Please verify the answer if it satisfy your question. Doing so you'll help the community to identify the valid answers.

Verified Answer
Alexander Ermakov responded on 15 Dec 2017 2:59 PM

In W1 version there is a certain set of options to work with VAT, and the rates of VAT and its behavior is a matter of setup.

However there is no localization version specifically for UAE (and I guess will be no in near future). Be prepared that there might be such processes of VAT treatment, required by UAE legislation, that are not covered by standard setup in W1.

Unfortunately I'm not aware of the details of upcoming legal change in UAE, thus cannot comment on how and to what extent W1 will be able to cover UAE VAT legislation requirements - however certain functionality certainly exists, and you can try with that one first.

Verified Answer
Robertas Rackauskas responded on 16 Dec 2017 3:34 AM

Hi,

as Alexander said, there isn't a localization specifically for UAE. As far as I know, standard W1 would suffice to manage upcoming VAT legislation.

Robertas