Question Status

Verified
Mehdi26 asked a question on 24 Jan 2018 7:11 AM

Hi guys 

I am trying to convert my C/AL files to AL. 

I have followed this instruction from start to end.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/dynamics-nav/developer/devenv-txt2al-tool

Problem

When I create the .al files and import them into my Visual Studio Code project, I get tons of errors. about some references to standard objects such as Sales Header or Item are missing. 

I have done following to solve the problem:

1. Download Symbols
  2. Instal .VSIX from Modern Development Environment folder.

Why are there so many missing references to standard objects?

Suggested Answer
Mohana Yadav responded on 24 Jan 2018 7:45 AM

what are the versions of symbols under alpackage folders?

if you have older version files, delete them and download symbols again.

Suggested Answer
Andrey Baludin responded on 24 Jan 2018 7:46 AM

If you firstly imported files and then install .vsix - you need to push Reload button on installed AL extension in vs code or just close and open vs code. After that - download symbols. All missing references should disappear.

Mehdi26 responded on 24 Jan 2018 7:58 AM

Hi Mohana

These are the files I use

Microsoft_Application_11.0.19846.0.app

Microsoft_System_11.0.12925.0.app

Mehdi26 responded on 24 Jan 2018 8:09 AM

Hi Andrey

I have tried them, but I still get those errors.

Olister Rumao responded on 25 Jan 2018 2:43 AM

Hi, did you install the Modern Development Environment??

It is included in the Setup.

If Yes, then in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\110\Modern Development Environment,

you'll find a .VSIX file.

Install this extension file via Visual Studio Code.

Set appropriate Parameters in launch.json file and download the Symbols with Ctrl+Shift+P

Also, in the NAV Server (Administration) for the instance check the Enable Development Service Endpoint and Enable loading application symbol reference at Server Startup.

Restart the Server Instance

Set appropriate Parameters in launch.json file in Visual Studio Code and download the Symbols with Ctrl+Shift+P.

Verified Answer
Mehdi26 responded on 25 Jan 2018 3:30 AM

The problem is now solved so far.

Solution:

1. In the beginning we started with a local installation NAV 2018 version W1 11.0 (11.0.19394.0). But it seems that W1 can not be used if its targeting a specific region.
  2. We then went back to use Docker. We used the latest FINUS (the latest one from 22. Jan 2018)
  3. After installing the .cer and .vsix file. The problem with those missing references seem to be solved.

BR

Mahyar

Craig Barberini responded on 12 Feb 2018 7:59 PM

Hi,

I have found that the Txt2Al conversion tool does not place quotes around expressions that have spaces in them. As a result, many references to standard objects and fields were not valid. Perhaps this is a similar issue to what you are experiencing?

Verified Answer
Mehdi26 responded on 25 Jan 2018 3:30 AM

The problem is now solved so far.

Solution:

1. In the beginning we started with a local installation NAV 2018 version W1 11.0 (11.0.19394.0). But it seems that W1 can not be used if its targeting a specific region.
  2. We then went back to use Docker. We used the latest FINUS (the latest one from 22. Jan 2018)
  3. After installing the .cer and .vsix file. The problem with those missing references seem to be solved.

BR

Mahyar

Suggested Answer
Mohana Yadav responded on 24 Jan 2018 7:45 AM

what are the versions of symbols under alpackage folders?

if you have older version files, delete them and download symbols again.

Suggested Answer
Andrey Baludin responded on 24 Jan 2018 7:46 AM

If you firstly imported files and then install .vsix - you need to push Reload button on installed AL extension in vs code or just close and open vs code. After that - download symbols. All missing references should disappear.