SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Permission Control

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

SimonChiang asked a question on 13 May 2018 10:17 PM

Question Status

Verified

Hi all,

I am surprised to hear that users can see the other people's PR if are included in the same PR Group. I thought that everyone  can only access to the PR he created by himself!

Is it true? How to achieve that everyone can see his own PR/PO/WI...... only by default, unless he is granted with more permission? Or separate by department at least (can only see those PR belong to user's department)?

Hannes Holst responded on 14 May 2018 3:26 AM
My Badges

hi,

The intention of NAV is to allow certain people access to certain areas of the application. Inside these areas it is possible to allow insert/modify/delete-transactions. E.g. it is possible to allow a group of people to have access to Purchase Orders. Another group could have access and write-permissions. The idea is that people inside these groups are working in a responsible manner.

Permissions based on records are limited in NAV and always very dependent on the requirements of the individual business. The best is for you to get in touch with your partner. They will be happy to assists you with a bespoke change to your NAV-application to achieve your requirement.

Verified Answer

As default, there's no filtering by "user that creates a document" and I think it's correct so.

To achieve that, you need to act via a filter on code:

1) Save the user that creates the document on the document header (for example Purchase Header tablesave the user on a custom field called "Document Creation User").

2) In Purchase Order List, filter by the USERID in this way:

Rec.FILTERGROUP(2);

Rec.SETRANGE("Document Creation User",USERID);

Rec.FILTERGROUP(0);

As alternative, for filtering by departments as default in NAV you can use Responsibility Centers. Assign a responsibility center (department) to your user and to your document and all is managed by the application itself.

SimonChiang responded on 15 May 2018 9:08 PM

Thanks for reply.

SimonChiang responded on 16 May 2018 12:25 AM
Suggested Answer

Thanks a million. Your answer is precious and effective to me.

Verified Answer

As default, there's no filtering by "user that creates a document" and I think it's correct so.

To achieve that, you need to act via a filter on code:

1) Save the user that creates the document on the document header (for example Purchase Header tablesave the user on a custom field called "Document Creation User").

2) In Purchase Order List, filter by the USERID in this way:

Rec.FILTERGROUP(2);

Rec.SETRANGE("Document Creation User",USERID);

Rec.FILTERGROUP(0);

As alternative, for filtering by departments as default in NAV you can use Responsibility Centers. Assign a responsibility center (department) to your user and to your document and all is managed by the application itself.

SimonChiang responded on 16 May 2018 12:25 AM
Suggested Answer

Thanks a million. Your answer is precious and effective to me.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS