Contact Name on printed Sales Quote/Shipment

Question Status

Suggested Answer
GreatScott001 asked a question on 15 May 2018 11:00 AM

This is for BC but it applies to NAV as well

The Contact Name field from the Sales Header does not appear to be available in the Sales-Quote (R1304) or the Sales-Shipment (R208) as a stand alone field.  It is included in the Customer Address array fields but where in the array varies based upon the Contact Address Format settings in General Ledger Setup and/or Countries/Regions.

It would seem there is no consistent way, without customisation, to pull the Contact Name field from the customer address array.  Am I missing something? 

It would seem this would be fairly simple.  Especially for the Sales Quote because when you use the Send by Email function the report says Hello <Customer Name> instead of Hello <Contact Name>.  

Also, even if you could use the customer array it is based on the the Bill-To Customer not the Sell-To Customer you still can't get the information based on the Sell-To Customer.

Suggested Answer
Stefano Demiliani responded on 15 May 2018 2:47 PM

In NAV, it’s an easy report customization to do what you want. In BC the work is a bit different but possible.

GreatScott001 responded on 22 May 2018 9:07 AM

Is there a link to the process of adding a custom report to Business Central.  I know it will be an extension and I know how to create the extension.  What I can't seem to find is the process to add a CUSTOM app (NOT from AppSource) to my client's BC.

Some questions that need to be answered:

1) Does it have to be signed?  If so, I assume that means I have to acquire a Code Signing cert from a CA? A self-signed cert will not work?

2) I know I saw a page about what number ranges can be used for a Custom APP but I can't find it anywhere now.  Does anyone know it?

3) The BC documentation says to use PowerShell to publish the APP.  I can do that but how do I determine the URL for the server and what my client's tenant ID is?  Or is there another way?  In BC, I found a function to upload and an APP.  Do I use that instead?  Does this does this replace the Install/Publish -NAVPP PowerShell functions?

I feel like I have missed a piece of this puzzle and I am hoping someone can point me to it.

Suggested Answer
Stefano Demiliani responded on 22 May 2018 9:26 AM

1) No, a tenant app not needs to be signed

2) A per-tenant extension must have a range 50000..99999

3) Yes, you need to go to Extension Management page and load your .app package.

Suggested Answer
Stefano Demiliani responded on 15 May 2018 2:47 PM

In NAV, it’s an easy report customization to do what you want. In BC the work is a bit different but possible.

Suggested Answer
Stefano Demiliani responded on 22 May 2018 9:26 AM

1) No, a tenant app not needs to be signed

2) A per-tenant extension must have a range 50000..99999

3) Yes, you need to go to Extension Management page and load your .app package.