SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Contact Name on printed Sales Quote/Shipment

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

GreatScott001 asked a question on 15 May 2018 11:00 AM

Question Status

Verified

This is for BC but it applies to NAV as well

The Contact Name field from the Sales Header does not appear to be available in the Sales-Quote (R1304) or the Sales-Shipment (R208) as a stand alone field.  It is included in the Customer Address array fields but where in the array varies based upon the Contact Address Format settings in General Ledger Setup and/or Countries/Regions.

It would seem there is no consistent way, without customisation, to pull the Contact Name field from the customer address array.  Am I missing something? 

It would seem this would be fairly simple.  Especially for the Sales Quote because when you use the Send by Email function the report says Hello <Customer Name> instead of Hello <Contact Name>.  

Also, even if you could use the customer array it is based on the the Bill-To Customer not the Sell-To Customer you still can't get the information based on the Sell-To Customer.

Suggested Answer

In NAV, it’s an easy report customization to do what you want. In BC the work is a bit different but possible.

GreatScott001 responded on 22 May 2018 9:07 AM

Is there a link to the process of adding a custom report to Business Central.  I know it will be an extension and I know how to create the extension.  What I can't seem to find is the process to add a CUSTOM app (NOT from AppSource) to my client's BC.

Some questions that need to be answered:

1) Does it have to be signed?  If so, I assume that means I have to acquire a Code Signing cert from a CA? A self-signed cert will not work?

2) I know I saw a page about what number ranges can be used for a Custom APP but I can't find it anywhere now.  Does anyone know it?

3) The BC documentation says to use PowerShell to publish the APP.  I can do that but how do I determine the URL for the server and what my client's tenant ID is?  Or is there another way?  In BC, I found a function to upload and an APP.  Do I use that instead?  Does this does this replace the Install/Publish -NAVPP PowerShell functions?

I feel like I have missed a piece of this puzzle and I am hoping someone can point me to it.

Verified Answer

1) No, a tenant app not needs to be signed

2) A per-tenant extension must have a range 50000..99999

3) Yes, you need to go to Extension Management page and load your .app package.

Verified Answer

1) No, a tenant app not needs to be signed

2) A per-tenant extension must have a range 50000..99999

3) Yes, you need to go to Extension Management page and load your .app package.

Suggested Answer

In NAV, it’s an easy report customization to do what you want. In BC the work is a bit different but possible.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS