SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Exchange differences

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

RicMea asked a question on 16 May 2018 1:54 PM

Question Status

Unanswered

Hi I use nav 2009 r2 and I don't know how to book Exchange differences between payments and accruals in the same currency but with different Exchange rate

Thank you

Robertas Rackauskas responded on 17 May 2018 2:34 AM
My Badges

Hi RicMea, can you please elaborate a bit more - what it is you have, and what exactly you want to do? Thanks

Robertas

RicMea responded on 17 May 2018 2:43 AM

Hi, You can see the other my post to find further details

Tnak you for your response.

This is the bank account:

then I run the "Adjust Exchange rate" to close the balance in Euro, and NAV propose the following reg:

but when I click on "Register" I get this warning: The registration is not balanced. Check if data are correct in each row

Robertas Rackauskas responded on 17 May 2018 10:16 AM
My Badges

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately this is not something I've seen before - normally the exchange rate adjustment is posted automatically, without needing to 'register' the journal. This might be some kind of localisation or special development.

Even theoretically the journal seems to be balancing, so shouldn't be a problem. You might need to have technical consultant on-site, to 'catch' the error message and find the cause. Sorry that I can't help more.

Robertas

RicMea responded on 17 May 2018 10:31 AM

So when you have the same case, you simply run the Adjust exch rate and the balance in LCY of the bank account goes to zero? 

Robertas Rackauskas responded on 17 May 2018 11:31 AM
My Badges

That is correct. System posts the adjustment automatically. Pretty much the same way as your journal - zero for currency amount and adjustment amount in LCY. It balances with realized exchange rate difference account.

Robertas

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS