SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Ribbon completely blank

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

cgerstle asked a question on 31 May 2018 8:15 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

A user called me because all of a sudden, his ribbon is not displaying. I've tried delete user personalization, customizing the ribbon. I've done an uninstall and reinstall. Nothing I do resolves it. If I run NAV as another user from his PC, the same thing happens. If i have him log into NAV on another PC it's fine.  I'm going to attempt to role back windows updates that I think might be at play but am open to other suggestions.

mark02tj responded on 12 Jul 2018 2:29 PM

If you hear anything, please let us all know what the solution is.  I have a client that this is affecting.

Interestingly, the client and I are both running the same build of Windows 10 (1803).  She is having an issue and I am not, even when logged to the same server and even if I log in as her.  Not sure what the answer is.

cgerstle responded on 23 Jul 2018 9:54 AM

Do you use Jet reports? We believe it is related to that and are testing it today

rdynamic responded on 23 Jul 2018 1:24 PM

None of the affected machines in our environment used Jet Reports unfortunately.

cgerstle responded on 2 Aug 2018 2:03 PM

Unfortunately our solution ended up being wiping the PC. He was having other profile issues. This did fix our problem but I know this isn't an option for everyone.

Stefan Schwanda responded on 20 Sep 2018 3:13 AM

Hello, we have the same problem. restarting NAV did not help. Logging off the User, temporarely helped in this case.

We are running NAV 2017 in a Citrix Environment. Do you think this could be a problem?

cgerstle responded on 21 Sep 2018 9:49 AM

I'd look at other applications installed on the citrix environment. That's what microsoft was encouraging us to look at before we wiped the PC

Stefan Schwanda responded on 24 Sep 2018 2:48 AM

other applications run properly. we do not have any issues like this, but NAV.

I know such a behaviour, when the RAM usage per Session and application reaches 700MB.

So if NAV reaches an RAM usage per user session of 700MB the application behaviour is curious (application gets very slow, ribbon is not usable anymore...)

Andrey Baludin responded on 31 May 2018 8:38 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

2 ways:

1. Right click on ribbon -> Expand ribbon

2. Click on NAV Menu -> Customize -> Customize Ribbon -> Restore defaults

Jose Alvarez responded on 13 Jun 2018 11:13 AM
Suggested Answer

I encounter the same problem, Do you know how to fix?

rdynamic responded on 25 Jun 2018 5:38 AM
Suggested Answer

I can confirm that rolling back Windows 10 build 1803 resolves the problem; the ribbon is back to normal after doing that. The rollback reverted to Windows 10 build 1709.

In Settings > Windows Updates > View installed update history > Recovery Options > Go back to an earlier version of Windows

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS