SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Ribbon completely blank

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

cgerstle asked a question on 31 May 2018 8:15 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

A user called me because all of a sudden, his ribbon is not displaying. I've tried delete user personalization, customizing the ribbon. I've done an uninstall and reinstall. Nothing I do resolves it. If I run NAV as another user from his PC, the same thing happens. If i have him log into NAV on another PC it's fine.  I'm going to attempt to role back windows updates that I think might be at play but am open to other suggestions.

mark02tj responded on 12 Jul 2018 2:29 PM

If you hear anything, please let us all know what the solution is.  I have a client that this is affecting.

Interestingly, the client and I are both running the same build of Windows 10 (1803).  She is having an issue and I am not, even when logged to the same server and even if I log in as her.  Not sure what the answer is.

cgerstle responded on 23 Jul 2018 9:54 AM

Do you use Jet reports? We believe it is related to that and are testing it today

rdynamic responded on 23 Jul 2018 1:24 PM

None of the affected machines in our environment used Jet Reports unfortunately.

cgerstle responded on 2 Aug 2018 2:03 PM

Unfortunately our solution ended up being wiping the PC. He was having other profile issues. This did fix our problem but I know this isn't an option for everyone.

Andrey Baludin responded on 31 May 2018 8:38 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

2 ways:

1. Right click on ribbon -> Expand ribbon

2. Click on NAV Menu -> Customize -> Customize Ribbon -> Restore defaults

Jose Alvarez responded on 13 Jun 2018 11:13 AM
Suggested Answer

I encounter the same problem, Do you know how to fix?

rdynamic responded on 25 Jun 2018 5:38 AM
Suggested Answer

I can confirm that rolling back Windows 10 build 1803 resolves the problem; the ribbon is back to normal after doing that. The rollback reverted to Windows 10 build 1709.

In Settings > Windows Updates > View installed update history > Recovery Options > Go back to an earlier version of Windows

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS