SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

How does NAV know which transactions to Close at year end?

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

addision1 asked a question on 13 Jun 2018 12:59 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

I closed the last fiscal year and every thing looked correct. Then I decide to run the close again right after running it just to see if anything would pop-up. Yes, I have another entry that wants to close that was in the original close process. 

How does nav know which transactions to select for close and how do I remove this item from the close process? I don't want to have to keep remembering to remove this transaction line every time I want to close a year.

Jens Glathe responded on 13 Jun 2018 2:23 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi there,

NAV is closing all income statement balances up to the closing date. That is by account, optionally business unit, and selected dimensions. If you were the only one in the system and no-one else has posted into your already closed fiscal year, then there should be no new line. Except when you post the retained earnings to an income statement account, though. Or if you choose other colsing dimensions. Anything else should be a bug. NAV doesn't remember what entries have been closed, it's calculating from scratch every time you run this, but includes earlier closings into the calculation.

with best regards

Jens

Jens Glathe responded on 13 Jun 2018 2:23 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi there,

NAV is closing all income statement balances up to the closing date. That is by account, optionally business unit, and selected dimensions. If you were the only one in the system and no-one else has posted into your already closed fiscal year, then there should be no new line. Except when you post the retained earnings to an income statement account, though. Or if you choose other colsing dimensions. Anything else should be a bug. NAV doesn't remember what entries have been closed, it's calculating from scratch every time you run this, but includes earlier closings into the calculation.

with best regards

Jens

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS