SBX - Forum Post Title

Change the Name of Extension 2.0

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

Muhammad Arif asked a question on 6 Jul 2018 1:49 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello Experts,

i am working on Extension 2.0 (AL), I Created a project and my project is working accordingly. i am facing with one problem when i publish my App i want to give it name according to my App as show in the below image.  i used this code for displaying the pages(UsageCatogery = lists, ApplistationArea = All.

I want to change the Name of Extension to MyApp name how to change this name .

Thanks in Advance.

UsageCategory = Lists;
ApplicationArea = All;
AJ Ansari responded on 6 Jul 2018 2:29 AM
My Badges

Hi Muhammad Arif,

Can you please check the app.json file in your project and tell me what the value for "name" is?

Thanks!

Muhammad Arif responded on 6 Jul 2018 2:36 AM
My Badges

SIR in app.json file the name is according to my app

Suggested Answer

Not clear the question to me. The app name is the internal name of the extension (what you specify in app.json) and this cannot be changed.

What it's on your image seems to be a custom menu item and this can be changed via AL code.

Muhammad Arif responded on 6 Jul 2018 4:12 AM
My Badges

this is my App.json

{

"id": "3aa7245e-8003-41d4-8b2a",

"name": "MyApp",

"publisher": "Muhamad Arif",

"brief": "",

"description": "",

"version": "18.11.0.0",

"privacyStatement": "",

"EULA": "",

"help": "",

"url": "",

"logo": "",

"capabilities": [],

"dependencies": [],

"screenshots": [],

"platform": "10.0.0.0",

"application": "10.0.0.0",

"idRange": {

"from": 65000,

"to": 75000

}

}

Suggested Answer

Ok, the name of your app is MyApp. In your extension objects you can specify where these objects must be places by using UsageCategory. NAV 2018 creates an entry in Department with the name of your app. Are you sure that in your first deployment you've set the app name as "Extension"?

Muhammad Arif responded on 6 Jul 2018 10:01 AM
My Badges

hi @Stefano Demiliani this is my first deployment and i set the of my app is MyApp so don't know how this "Extension" name come there and how to change this name ?

Suggested Answer

Try to redeploy the extension. As standard, it's created an entry with the extension name.

Muhammad Arif responded on 12 Jul 2018 4:34 AM
My Badges

as you to told when publish the app in NAV 2018 creates an entry in Department with the name of your app.
i tried all the possible way to create the actual name of my app in Department but not getting success.

Suggested Answer

Not clear the question to me. The app name is the internal name of the extension (what you specify in app.json) and this cannot be changed.

What it's on your image seems to be a custom menu item and this can be changed via AL code.

Suggested Answer

Ok, the name of your app is MyApp. In your extension objects you can specify where these objects must be places by using UsageCategory. NAV 2018 creates an entry in Department with the name of your app. Are you sure that in your first deployment you've set the app name as "Extension"?

Suggested Answer

Try to redeploy the extension. As standard, it's created an entry with the extension name.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS