SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Restrict exceeded users to install our NAV Addon application

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

Vikas Saxena asked a question on 11 Jul 2018 12:22 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi NAV experts.

I want to know that how my addon solution is getting publish on demo license machine,
We want to protect my solution, it should not publish with demo license.

We should pull out the user count in Navsion and we have to stop the users(While Installation)
if purchase license users go out of limit. ?

Means we have given 5 users licenses to customer to access my application and if 6th user install our application,
we want to restrict that user to install our application.

Kindly help us if possible in CAL/CSide environment.

Suggested Answer

You can check the Active Session table and detect how many users are connected, then if > 5 throws an error. This can be managed in a codeunit and triggered in your addon objects while opening them.

There's no way to control the installation phase because in C/AL it's just an object import.

Vikas Saxena responded on 11 Jul 2018 8:58 AM

Hi Stefano.

We are creating extension(navx) file to deliver our solution, but during testing we found that if this extension is installed on one navision service(Dynamics NAV110) system, it is allowing to installed on another system or different navision service, we have to restrict this and we want that it should work on single service system only.

Please suggest.

Suggested Answer

You can retrieve NAV Service Tier name in the way described above and then work accordingly.

Suggested Answer

You can check the Active Session table and detect how many users are connected, then if > 5 throws an error. This can be managed in a codeunit and triggered in your addon objects while opening them.

There's no way to control the installation phase because in C/AL it's just an object import.

Suggested Answer

You can retrieve NAV Service Tier name in the way described above and then work accordingly.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS