I added one Filed "RLCustId" as "Code data type" to customer table and Later added the same to Customer Page , I need to deploy the same work to https://trials.dynamics.com/,
How can I do . This is Small exercise , but my aim is to do lots of Changes on NAV 18 base objects and Finally need to Deploy it on https://trials.dynamics.com/,
I understand the we can doTXt2AL but it looks that it only for new objects .
You need to create an extension with Visual Studio Code and AL. Create a tableextension that extends Customer table and here add your new field.
Then create a pageextension that extends Customer Card and here add the new field.
After compiling the solution, you'll have an .app file that you can upload to BC.
Please Ans my below questions in case client database will be on D 365 Business version
1. Is TXt2AL only for new objects?
2. We cannot use CAL for base objects customization. For base objects we can only do development using VS and AL , pls confirm .
3. it will difficult to modify existing CU if major change and big development Plan in D 365 Business version pls confirm.
As instructed , I did and wrote below code and no compilation
error as Lunch is having 22, So Yes Customer Card comes but no extra field appearing on General section .
tableextension 50101 CustomertblExt extends "Customer"
Field( 50100; "RLCUSTID" ; code )
//Editable = True;
pageextension 50101 CustomerCardExt extends "Customer Card"
follow below link:
How to Migrate Dynamics NAV CAL Code to Visual Studio Code AL for Dynamics 365 Business Central
hope it will answer all your questions
I am able to see Newly added field by adding So Ignore the code part
ApplicationArea = All; (But Yes It was really difficult to find this command , do we have some link by MS that will help to start AL Programming i Know
docs.microsoft.com/.../devenv-inclient-designer but it is not at all
But pls let me know
1. Is TXt2AL only for new objects? I Know yes Pls Confirm
2. Can we use CAL for base objects customization.? If Yes how can we deploy it on https://trials.dynamics.com/,
Is it true that For base objects we can only do development using VS and AL using extension , pls confirm . Pls Provide me link for it .
1) it’s for converting C/AL code to AL.
2) Yes but only for BC On Premise. For the online (cloud) version no, only AL and extensions.
3) You have to use events for modifying standard behavior. You cannot write code inside standard codeunits. You need to subscribe to triggered events of the standard codeunits and in your event subscriber write your custom logic.
you are helping me a lot , I want to introduce my self , I am old Nav developer with no experience on D365 Cloud version ,
Ques 1 : You replied that "it’s for converting C/AL code to AL." I re put my query I modified CU 80 in CAL can I convert it to AL and later port to D365 Cloud version.
Ques 3 : You Replied "You have to use events for modifying standard behavior. You cannot write code inside standard codeunits. You need to subscribe to triggered events of the standard codeunits and in your event subscriber write your custom logic."
Pls elaborate "subscribe to triggered events of the standard codeunits and in your event subscriber write your custom logic."" It is great if you provide link how can we do it
My Client is having production database in NAV 17 , In Nav 17 I have created webservice, Using WS third party application, is hitting Nav Sales and Purchase . Payment and Reversal of Sales and Purchase happening in NAV respective result of sales and Purchase goes back to third party using webservice
I want same to be done on D 365 BC , so felt to write code NAV 18 and convert it to AL using Txt2AL for D 365 BC but it looks it is not possible
I need to write Everything on VS code and AL using Even handler .
Pls share your knowledge.
Thanks for link
Business Applications communities