SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

How can I deploy Changes done on Base NAV Object NAV 18 to https://trials.dynamics.com/,

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

Anju Sardana asked a question on 11 Jul 2018 3:25 AM

Question Status

Verified

Hi

I added one Filed "RLCustId"  as "Code data type"  to customer table and Later added the same to Customer Page   , I  need to deploy the same work to https://trials.dynamics.com/,  

How can I do .  This is Small exercise , but my aim is to do lots of Changes on NAV 18 base objects and Finally need to Deploy it on https://trials.dynamics.com/, 

I understand the we can doTXt2AL  but it looks that it only for new objects .

Pls Guide 

Thanks

Anju

Verified Answer

You need to create an extension with Visual Studio Code and AL. Create a tableextension that extends Customer table and here add your new field.

Then create a pageextension that extends Customer Card and here add the new field.

After compiling the solution, you'll have an .app file that you can upload to BC.

Anju Sardana responded on 11 Jul 2018 6:43 PM

Thanks Stefano

Anju Sardana responded on 11 Jul 2018 6:58 PM

Please Ans my below questions in case client database will be on D 365 Business version

1. Is TXt2AL only for new objects?

2. We cannot use CAL for base objects customization. For base objects we can only do development using VS and AL , pls confirm .

3. it will difficult to modify existing CU if major change and big development Plan in D 365 Business version pls confirm.

Anju Sardana responded on 11 Jul 2018 9:40 PM

As instructed , I did   and wrote below code and no compilation 

error as Lunch is having 22, So Yes Customer Card comes but no extra field appearing on General section .

tableextension  50101 CustomertblExt extends "Customer"

{

fields

{

Field( 50100; "RLCUSTID" ; code[20] )

{

//Editable = True;

Enabled=true;

}

}

}

pageextension 50101 CustomerCardExt extends "Customer Card"

{

layout

{

addlast(General)

{

field("RLCUSTID";"RLCUSTID")

{

}

}

}

Viki NTS responded on 11 Jul 2018 11:31 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

follow below link:

How to Migrate Dynamics NAV CAL Code to Visual Studio Code AL for Dynamics 365 Business Central

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3G9rHI_fZA

hope it will answer all your questions

Anju Sardana responded on 11 Jul 2018 11:36 PM

I am able to see Newly added  field  by adding So Ignore the code part

ApplicationArea = All;  (But Yes It was really difficult to find this command , do we have some link by MS that will help to start AL Programming i Know

docs.microsoft.com/.../devenv-inclient-designer  but it is not at all

sufficient)

But pls let  me know

Please Ans my below questions in case client database will be on D 365 Business version

1. Is TXt2AL only for new objects? I Know yes Pls Confirm

2. Can we use CAL for base objects customization.? If Yes how can we deploy it on https://trials.dynamics.com/,  

Is it true that For base objects we can only do development using VS and AL   using extension    , pls confirm .  Pls Provide me link for it .

3. it will difficult to modify existing CU if major change and big development Plan in D 365 Business version pls confirm.

Thanks

Anju

Suggested Answer

1) it’s for converting C/AL code to AL.

2) Yes but only for BC On Premise. For the online (cloud) version no, only AL and extensions.

3) You have to use events for modifying standard behavior. You cannot write code inside standard codeunits. You need to subscribe to triggered events of the standard codeunits and in your event subscriber write your custom logic.

Anju Sardana responded on 12 Jul 2018 1:56 AM

Thanks  Stefano,

you are helping me a lot  , I want to introduce my self , I am old  Nav developer  with no experience on D365 Cloud version ,

Ques 1 : You replied that "it’s for converting C/AL code to AL."   I re put my query  I modified CU 80 in CAL  can I convert it to AL and later port to D365 Cloud version.

Ques 3 : You Replied  "You have to use events for modifying standard behavior. You cannot write code inside standard codeunits. You need to subscribe to triggered events of the standard codeunits and in your event subscriber write your custom logic."

Pls elaborate  "subscribe to triggered events of the standard codeunits and in your event subscriber write your custom logic.""  It is great if you provide link how can we do it

Thanks

Anju

Anju Sardana responded on 12 Jul 2018 2:25 AM

Requirements ;

My Client is having production database in NAV 17  , In Nav 17 I have created webservice, Using  WS  third party application, is hitting Nav Sales and Purchase . Payment  and Reversal of Sales and Purchase happening in NAV respective result of sales and Purchase goes back to third party using webservice

I want same to be done on D 365 BC  , so felt to write code NAV 18 and convert it to AL using Txt2AL for   D 365 BC  but it looks it is not possible

I need to write Everything on VS code and AL using Even handler .

Pls share your knowledge.

Thanks

Anju

Anju Sardana responded on 12 Jul 2018 2:26 AM

Thanks for link

Verified Answer

You need to create an extension with Visual Studio Code and AL. Create a tableextension that extends Customer table and here add your new field.

Then create a pageextension that extends Customer Card and here add the new field.

After compiling the solution, you'll have an .app file that you can upload to BC.

Viki NTS responded on 11 Jul 2018 11:31 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

follow below link:

How to Migrate Dynamics NAV CAL Code to Visual Studio Code AL for Dynamics 365 Business Central

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3G9rHI_fZA

hope it will answer all your questions

Suggested Answer

1) it’s for converting C/AL code to AL.

2) Yes but only for BC On Premise. For the online (cloud) version no, only AL and extensions.

3) You have to use events for modifying standard behavior. You cannot write code inside standard codeunits. You need to subscribe to triggered events of the standard codeunits and in your event subscriber write your custom logic.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS